New CDP within 55K price range

mayukh80

I have been searching for a CDP for quite sometime now after my SA 7001 stopped working after giving trouble for a year.

As on date , I am utterly confused snd the current pandemic is adding to my woes considering the dropping of the idea to audtion .

i have huge collection of CD’s (476 numbers) and a good source within a price range of 55k is required.

i mostly listen to blues, jazz, classic rock.

the source will be paired with CA 740a and B&W 606.

my room size is 12x10 ft and the listening point is around 7.2 ft from the speakers.

i look forward to leverage the huge expertise and experience of FM’s

what are the options outside Marantz.

Do not buy the latest marantz cd players, its from my own experience after trying cd6006 from multiple owners for a longer time. All of them have disc reading issues. Even it does not playing few of a brand new sealed cds.

Do not buy the latest marantz cd players, its from my own experience after trying cd6006 from multiple owners for a longer time. All of them have disc reading issues. Even it does not playing few of a brand new sealed cds.
I am not going to get another Marantz since their quality have gone down substantially and getting them serviced is another story altogether.

So please suggest alternative. How does Denon DCD 800NE fits here ?

Not owning anything afterwards but my friends are using vintage TEAC, SONY and PHILIPS cd players those play almost every single cd even with scratched ones. You also check with the Audiolab CDT owners as well.

Not owning anything afterwards but my friends are using vintage TEAC, SONY and PHILIPS cd players those play almost every single cd even with scratched ones. You also check with the Audiolab CDT owners as well.
Thanks once again for your inputs. Adding a CD transport would mean going for a DAC and complicate things. The subject of a separate DAC is a vast topic.
Do you have any idea where to grab vintage players? I also have read reviews from people outside India about their rich & warm sound

I have been searching for a CDP for quite sometime now after my SA 7001 stopped working after giving trouble for a year.

As on date , I am utterly confused snd the current pandemic is adding to my woes considering the dropping of the idea to audtion .

i have huge collection of CD’s (476 numbers) and a good source within a price range of 55k is required.

i mostly listen to blues, jazz, classic rock.

the source will be paired with CA 740a and B&W 606.

my room size is 12x10 ft and the listening point is around 7.2 ft from the speakers.

i look forward to leverage the huge expertise and experience of FM’s
I have a LINN IKEMI CDP for sale. If keen, pics can be shared.

Enjoy music

Is CD6006 UK version available?
what are the options outside Marantz. These days their product quality assurance seems to have taken a back seat.
The CD 6006 UK edition was available from Amazon UK before covid 19. But they don't ship to India for the time being. I had got it for Rs. 44,000 /- While the sound is very good but it does not read few tracks even from new CD's apart from some of the old ones too. Where the reading is concerned, the much cheaper Pioneer BDP 180 reads more reliably but soundwise not as detailed & musical as the CD 6006.
Marantz should seriously take up this issue since it has been a consistent occurence through most of their models.

The CD 6006 UK edition was available from Amazon UK before covid 19. But they don't ship to India for the time being. I had got it for Rs. 44,000 /- While the sound is very good but it does not read few tracks even from new CD's apart from some of the old ones too. Where the reading is concerned, the much cheaper Pioneer BDP 180 reads more reliably but soundwise not as detailed & musical as the CD 6006.
Marantz should seriously take up this issue since it has been a consistent occurence through most of their models.
I have had one helluva experience with Marantz and would not look forward to get another product in immediate future. I have read rave reviews about the 6006 UK edition but considering my past experience, I am not tempted to get one.

Getting a BDP will call for hooking to a good DAC which will again complicate things.

I need a simple dedicated CDP with good DAC. I have auditioned network players but they cannot match the output of a CDP.

In India even with a good network player, the source are either from Spotify / Apple music or Amazon prime. If one needs the juice then Tidal/Qobuz are the answer with no subscription option for Indian users.

I have had one helluva experience with Marantz and would not look forward to get another product in immediate future. I have read rave reviews about the 6006 UK edition but considering my past experience, I am not tempted to get one.

Getting a BDP will call for hooking to a good DAC which will again complicate things.

I need a simple dedicated CDP with good DAC. I have auditioned network players but they cannot match the output of a CDP.

In India even with a good network player, the source are either from Spotify / Apple music or Amazon prime. If one needs the juice then Tidal/Qobuz are the answer with no subscription option for Indian users.
Absolutely right
In India we are really deprived of good music source. Tidal is out of reach and too expensive.

You can try a Cambridge CD player, Pioneer, Teac or a Denon. Cyrus is good but very expensive. Prior to the CD 6006 , I was using the Pioneer PDS 802, a rugged well built CD player which rarely missed any track even if the CD is scratched that I could remember. It lasted for over 10 years & gave up eventually. I went for the UK edition after reading the rave reviews & I am very happy with the sound but not happy when it does not read tracks which the Pioneer BDP 180 does easily in addition to playing flac files & costing 1/4th the cost. The Dac of the CD 6006 is quite good & I am using that for playback.
Whereas reading tracks is concerned, in my experience the Pioneer does a far superior job very reliably. Even the way you can program your favourite tracks on the fly is more user friendly on the Pioneer.
Hope Marantz is listening & improves on this basic issue.

Thanks once again for your inputs. Adding a CD transport would mean going for a DAC and complicate things. The subject of a separate DAC is a vast topic.
Do you have any idea where to grab vintage players? I also have read reviews from people outside India about their rich & warm sound

Again, I have not owned anything but I listened to friends' places where they use Vintage Philips, Marantz, TEAC, and SONY CDP. All of them sounded so smooth, the Philips model particularly played all the scratched discs without a struggle.

Again, I have not owned anything but I listened to friends' places where they use Vintage Philips, Marantz, TEAC, and SONY CDP. All of them sounded so smooth, the Philips model particularly played all the scratched discs without a struggle.
Yes, I know that vintage players are a gem. But there are risks involved in getting one these days. One need to be absolutely sure before getting one online. Otherwise it will end up as storage unit for biscuits :D

You can try a Cambridge CD player, Pioneer, Teac or a Denon. Cyrus is good but very expensive. Prior to the CD 6006 , I was using the Pioneer PDS 802, a rugged well built CD player which rarely missed any track even if the CD is scratched that I could remember. It lasted for over 10 years & gave up eventually. I went for the UK edition after reading the rave reviews & I am very happy with the sound but not happy when it does not read tracks which the Pioneer BDP 180 does easily in addition to playing flac files & costing 1/4th the cost. The Dac of the CD 6006 is quite good & I am using that for playback.
Whereas reading tracks is concerned, in my experience the Pioneer does a far superior job very reliably. Even the way you can program your favourite tracks on the fly is more user friendly on the Pioneer.
Hope Marantz is listening & improves on this basic issue.
reading the content , resolution, richness of sound coupled with product quality is what defines a CDP as per my perspectives.
These days except the Ki models, Marantz seems to be in a hurry to bulk produce at China and quality is pretty evident.

reading the content , resolution, richness of sound coupled with product quality is what defines a CDP as per my perspectives.
These days except the Ki models, Marantz seems to be in a hurry to bulk produce at China and quality is pretty evident.

Yes Mayukh, the KI & the Pearl series which are very expensive have good build quality. Now Vietnam is the favorite destination for manufacturing. I really miss the "Made in Japan" build quality & have now accepted what comes by. But have no complaints of the build quality & finish of the cd6006 UK edition apart from the cd reading issues. Out of the 55 cd's that I have, the player has issues with 2 cd's so far for certain tracks.

Back