New CDP within 55K price range

It has been six months. Almost all my old discs are scratched and they still play the way it played 6 months back..
I am reading a lot of comments from FM's about scratches on disc. Would you please elaborate what causes these scratches. I have over 400 CD's with me. Never ever faced such problems with them :(

I am reading a lot of comments from FM's about scratches on disc. Would you please elaborate what causes these scratches. I have over 400 CD's with me. Never ever faced such problems with them :(
If you stay at one place and cds are well kept, then no problem but if you get relocated often because of your job, then during transit, the cds might get damaged. Unfortunately in my case the whole lot, although packed firmly, got under some heavy thing :(, so most of them were broken(especially cds in slim cases) and many ended with some kind of scratch or the other.

Suppose the player is unable to read one CD for any other reason (No scratches though) then we can copy the CD and play it. So not a big issue.

If you stay at one place and cds are well kept, then no problem but if you get relocated often because of your job, then during transit, the cds might get damaged. Unfortunately in my case the whole lot, although packed firmly, got under some heavy thing :(, so most of them were broken(especially cds in slim cases) and many ended with some kind of scratch or the other.
that's really bad. I too keep moving since I stay in rented accommodation. But I always make it a point to carry important documents and 3 suitcase of CD's with me during shifting. This is kind of ritual for me ;). Saves a lot of heart break at later date.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back