New Denon 2307, Subwoofer pre out not working

Dushie

Hi All
Just got a new Denon 2307 delivered from Pro Fx, hooked everything up, when i run the setup, the subwoofer pre out does not give any signals ....

Any content which is played i get sound from all 5 channels but nothing from the sub woofer, I also did a factory reset on the amp, yet no changed and the sub is still not working, i tried both inputs on the sub,

While the same setup works fine with my 1507 .

Anything that i can try out here, spent couple of hours yesterday setting it up but no output is coming from the subwooofer pre out,

When i connect the cable to any other pre out for testing purpose such as left, right channels, i get the signal in sub,

In settings, i have turned sub on, put it as Lfe also as LFE + Main, but no go, no sound from the Sub.

Have tried playing stereo mode, 5.1, tuner, hdmi result is the same , no sound comes from the sub, though it displays the sub icon in the display of the amp

Attaching a pic of the back of the unit -

http://www.avland.co.uk/denon/avr2307/rearlrg.jpg

I have called pro fx asking them to return the unit and refund my money as i paid 27k for the same.

Last edited:
Have you tried the auto setup? Also have you run the test tones across the channels?

What speakers are you using Floors or bookshelves or sats?

Hi All
Just got a new Denon 2307 delivered from Pro Fx, hooked everything up, when i run the setup, the subwoofer pre out does not give any signals ....

Any content which is played i get sound from all 5 channels but nothing from the sub woofer, I also did a factory reset on the amp, yet no changed and the sub is still not working, i tried both inputs on the sub,

While the same setup works fine with my 1507 .

Anything that i can try out here, spent couple of hours yesterday setting it up but no output is coming from the subwooofer pre out,

When i connect the cable to any other pre out for testing purpose such as left, right channels, i get the signal in sub,

In settings, i have turned sub on, put it as Lfe also as LFE + Main, but no go, no sound from the Sub.

Have tried playing stereo mode, 5.1, tuner, hdmi result is the same , no sound comes from the sub, though it displays the sub icon in the display of the amp

Attaching a pic of the back of the unit -

http://www.avland.co.uk/denon/avr2307/rearlrg.jpg

I have called pro fx asking them to return the unit and refund my money as i paid 27k for the same.

Yes, i have done the auto setup a couple of times,even after factory reset i have tried the auto setup.

when auto setup runs, tones comes from all the 5 speakers, but nothing comes from the sub woofer, yet it completes without giving any errors and i am able to store the settings,

After that when i play any music, or movie, all the 5 speakers work fine, but no sound comes from the sub,

When i run test tones, no sound comes from the sub, all other channels i hear the test tones .

The same setup is working fine with my other 1507 amp,
Hence i feel it is an issue with the sub woofer pre out not giving out any signals

Good. Did you check the sub level & phase in the setup? Also try setting your LFE to sub only. Do you hear anything at all even if you put your ears close to it?

Also, I am assuming that you are connecting to sub 1 if you have multi optoins options.

Yep, i tired lfe and line in both the options, it was a no go, don't get any output from the sub at all,

Just spoke to Pro fx again,they were offering to get the unit checked in service center and send it back, i said no thanks as already had a tough time with this one.

Finally they will take the unit back on Monday and refund my money.

They also have a 2807 available in clearance sale , which they offered me to buy by paying more, as i do not have the budget for the same guess i will put it to rest .

Best to revert back to my 1507 and enjoy it for some more time....

Now will use this money to buy a good hdmi out video card to play HD stuff

Hi Dushie,

Analog audio equipment does not age, but when we talk about digital receivers technology is evolving too fast. I would not recommend going in for a model more two years old. It might be better to select the highest xx09 model you can afford.

I have being closely tracking Denon receivers since year 2002. The year 2009 models are significantly better. I have auditioned all the models from year 2006 to 2009, and currently own the 2809. Listen to them for your self and decide. Raj at ProFX Bangalore is quite cooperative.

Thanks,
Sharad

Hi Sharad
Well for now my 2307 is going back to pro fx and my money is getting refunded.

Will wait it out and continue to use my 1507, probably go for something later on.

They even had a 2807 which they offered for more price, but for now i will let it go and wait it out for some more time ...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back