New HD channels on Dish HD: Nat Geo WILD HD

haisaikat

I checked that Dish HD has started telecasting a few more HD channels recently which includes NatGEO Wild HD (real HD), Nat Geo Music (claimed HD), Nat Geo Adventure (claimed HD) and 1 more (forgot name) all below channel 98 (ICICI Active). Never knew NatGeo had a music channel.

Btw the Movies Now and a couple of HD channels do not seem to have any audio on the optical out. Is it with me only?

You most likely are the only person on this forum with an active DishTV HD connection. Don't expect replies :).

I checked that Dish HD has started telecasting a few more HD channels recently which includes NatGEO Wild HD (real HD), Nat Geo Music (claimed HD), Nat Geo Adventure (claimed HD) and 1 more (forgot name) all below channel 98 (ICICI Active). Never knew NatGeo had a music channel.

Btw the Movies Now and a couple of HD channels do not seem to have any audio on the optical out. Is it with me only?
Nat Geo Advanture is also an HD channel :)
You most likely are the only person on this forum with an active DishTV HD connection. Don't expect replies :).
Hehe, yes I believe we may not have any left now ;) Their FRAUD HD campaign especially by their top bosses as forced us to stop using it (which as we know is nothing but a WASTE of available resources - instead of improving quality of SD channels, they chose this FRAUD campaign to call SD channels as HD just because they upscale them before encoding with MPEG4!).
real HD from dish, cant believe...
Thats because they FORTUNATELY cracked a deal with Nat Geo for those 2 HD channels which helped them INFLATE their FRAUD HD claims to "40 HD channels"! They care more on adding more channels writing "HD" in the end to enjoy the sheer bliss of IGNORANCE of living in a THIRD UNIVERSE (not even second - they should be COMMENDED for this INCEPTION)!!!

prankey your patience is amazing. How do you still have the enthusiasm to shout at DishTV? Most of the other members who once enjoyed DishTV's real HD channels have switched to other vendors, letting their Dish HD boxes gather valuable dust and are hopeless enough about DishTV's intentions to not bother posting a heated reply. Your efforts are worth an applaud :clapping:

I guess dishtv is right now offering 2 NatGeo HDs, TravelXP HD and Discovery HD in all 4 real HD channels. I think Star Cricket HD that they telecasted sometime back during the world cup cricket was also true HD. And out of the upscaled false HDs I think Movies Now is better of the lot.

prankey your patience is amazing. How do you still have the enthusiasm to shout at DishTV? Most of the other members who once enjoyed DishTV's real HD channels have switched to other vendors, letting their Dish HD boxes gather valuable dust and are hopeless enough about DishTV's intentions to not bother posting a heated reply. Your efforts are worth an applaud :clapping:

Thanks dude. Boycotting their service and leaving out initial investment and all the agony we suffer due to their bad practice is not enough for them to learn the lesson. I wish I had the time to SUE them ROYALLY for STILL trying to advertise their INFLATED claims through their TOP officials like CEO and COOs (honestly, they have lost ANY KIND of RESPECT through such practice atleast from me!). I could have kept their connection if they were providing all the real HD channels without these upscaling FRAUD but with improved SD channel quality what they offer thru such upscaling scam. Remember - even if they stick to MPEG2 for SD channels but utilize the bandwidth they WASTE for 2 version of these SD channels, that will still give us comparable or better quality of SD channels than this upscaling drama. I would have happily paid them Rs.550 even when it is not justified as we compare with HD only pack offered by TS with 5.1 audio (on Asli HD channels).

I guess dishtv is right now offering 2 NatGeo HDs, TravelXP HD and Discovery HD in all 4 real HD channels. I think Star Cricket HD that they telecasted sometime back during the world cup cricket was also true HD. And out of the upscaled false HDs I think Movies Now is better of the lot.

Its actually 6 - 3 Nat Geo HD channels, Movies Now, Travel XP and Discovery HD World. So they are competing in numbers with other operators though TS is still ahead with Asli HD channels.

I would have happily paid them Rs.550 even when it is not justified as we compare with HD only pack offered by TS with 5.1 audio (on Asli HD channels).

I will happily pay even Rs. 100 per HD movie channel if it's properly encoded, broadcasted and decoded. Looking back the feeling of being cheated is the primary reason for stopping DishTV's service.

On a related note DishTV has cut down the price of their HD boxes by more than half. If they are so desperate to get new customers why not try a fair pricing model, where customers get to choose what they want to view instead of coaxing them to purchase a single exorbitantly priced plan.

I will happily pay even Rs. 100 per HD movie channel if it's properly encoded, broadcasted and decoded. Looking back the feeling of being cheated is the primary reason for stopping DishTV's service.

On a related note DishTV has cut down the price of their HD boxes by more than half. If they are so desperate to get new customers why not try a fair pricing model, where customers get to choose what they want to view instead of coaxing them to purchase a single exorbitantly priced plan.

Absolutely. That is the reason I am still not going back to them as for me even if I buy the box right now, it will cost me almost free after the compensation. I am sincerely missing high quality, without any DRC sh*t HD and upscaled channels. Instead I wish to sue them royally for such upscaling scandal. They have STILL not learned to BEHAVE and AGREE that only 15% of those "HD" channels are REAL HD! I want to do it to TS for not disabling DRC and giving Fake 5.1 audio on some HD channels despite constant escalations. So as of now I don't find an operator not heavily compressing video or audio and have come across atleast 3 operators butchering audio through DRC (Airtel, TS and D2H).

Recently I see D2H subscribers appreciating improving in audio quality which might well have happened after they finally would have been disabling DRC (speculating). Also, D2H has added all the Asli HD and will be adding ESPN and Star Cricket HD channels (not sure about their quality as they may be heavily compressing before they move to ST2). So D2H has currently become the only DTH in India to offer max number of HD channels with a dedicated 3D one. I still wish to stay with TS because I doubt the quality on D2H, however TS is not helping us stay for long by disabling unnecessary processing of audio which is unrelated to their TP constraints.

Movies now is broadcasting 5.1 on Dish HD, My Denon AVR is detecting the dolby encoding... actually the channel has two audio streams that you can select from options, the other being standard 2 channel audio

I have connected digital output to beresford caiman DAC & DAC output is connected to marantz pm6003. All channels seems to be OK except movie now. I hear lots of noise when the volume is at peak. There is some problem with their digital output at peak sound. Also for VH1 & few other channels only left speaker is active.

I have connected digital output to beresford caiman DAC & DAC output is connected to marantz pm6003. All channels seems to be OK except movie now. I hear lots of noise when the volume is at peak. There is some problem with their digital output at peak sound. Also for VH1 & few other channels only left speaker is active.
Watchout for that noise. Could damage speakers.

I hope we are not interpreting extreme distortion in Movies Now as noise :) So does that mean it still exist even in 5.1 audio?

Thanks for correcting terminology. From this posting it seems they have managed to port their distortion to 5.1 as well, that's requires a special intelligence :).

Thanks for correcting terminology. From this posting it seems they have managed to port their distortion to 5.1 as well, that's requires a special intelligence :).

Hehe, I am wondering if that is an issue with Movies Now itself? I see people reporting here that on Sun HD as well the "volume is very high, but I can live with it". Hehe, hope they are not associating distortion with volume there and not bothering to highlight the distortion due to high volume.

I would appreciate if people using Airtel, D2H, Sun HD and any other DTH with Movies Now HD to comment on this DISTORTION issue. That was a major reason I had to return my Dish HD.

People on Airtel reports Discovery HD has low volume, think they will be VERY happy with DRC controlled (and butchered) audio on TS instead! Even on Dish HD (unless those few days when they surprisingly increased volume of one channel), Dish HD and Nat Geo HD was of low volume to cover for high Dynamic Range Ambient sound. If we complain like this, its not surprising that operators choose to do DRC on all the channels to avoid such complaints.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back