Manthan Digital Cable HD Services in Kolkata

RMCWS

I am a long time user of Manthan in my area in Kolkata but 6 months back I got myself a HD STB from Manthan.

Right now I am getting the following HD channel (including other non-hd channels)

1.HBO HITS HD
2.HBO DEFINED HD
3.CNBC PRIME HD
4.HISTORY TV18 HD
5.NAT GEO ADVENTURE HD
6.M TUNES HD
7.UTV STARS HD
8.COLORS HD
9.RT ENGLISH HD
10.TRANCE URBAN HD
11.NAT GEO MUSIC HD
12.BABY TV HD
13.MOVIES NOW HD
14.TRACE SPORTS HD
15.NKH WORLD HD
16.FOX TRAVELLERS HD
17.RT DOCUMENTARY HD
18.NAT GEO WILD HD
19.DISCOVERY HD
20.NAT GEO HD

My cable operator had neither announced the detailed pricing of the channels yet nor have sent the form to us for filing of the channel requirements. Is it same everywhere with Manthan in Kolkata?

And I'd also like to know about the HD services offered by other MSO's (not the DTH) in and around Kolkata.

:)

Update: 13th July 2013

Now we are getting TEN HD in place of Nat Geo Adventure HD.
(At least a proper sport channel in HD :yahoo:)

Thanks.

What is the TOTAL COST inc. al other channels? & what is the Price of their HD Box? Does it support dolby 5.1 ?

What is the TOTAL COST inc. al other channels? & what is the Price of their HD Box? Does it support dolby 5.1 ?

I have two connections at home, I used to pay Rs.200 for the main connection and Rs.100 for the additional one for a long time, even before the implementation of STB.

Since January 2013, I got myself one normal STB for Rs.1,000/- for the main
connection and HD STB for Rs.3,500/- for the additional connection. The monthly charge is still same i.e. Rs.200+100. So technically I am paying Rs.100 per month for the HD connection. :yahoo: :clapping:

But haven't tried with any 5.1 output yet.

PS: Manthan in my area is yet to send the updated price details of individual channels and customer choice form.

Good times are going to get over very soon. :(
Manthan announces the new HD channel rates. Looks like they are expensive than airtel/ tatasky in ala carte.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Right now there is a strange issue.
Being a HD box user, I was getting channels (both sd and hd) perfectly till few days back. Now the connection is blocked as I need to register/ fill up the mandatory consumer form.

So I want to go for ala carte pack as I don't watch TV that much. Basically I needed few HD channels and nothing more. The operator has suggested that the HD-STB will not be able to play any channel package apart from Jumbo HD (Rs.450+) but I really don't want to spend that much as it is not my requirement. Even the operator is not sure, if the HD STB will support any other package apart from Jumbo HD.

Anyone using Manthan HD in Kolkata?

Hi, I am also planning to use the HD cable service of Manthan. They are asking for more than Rs 4000 for the HD STP and around Rs 500 / month.

Is it same everywhere?

Also, I found that the Tata Sky or Airtel DTH is much more cheaper than this cable services. So, is it worth to go for the cable service or shall I opt for DTH?

Can Someone please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Don't be distracted by TataSky/Airtel packaging. If you compare channel by channel Cable are always cheaper. In Bangalore Hathway is providing HD+SD (Full bouque) around 550. Where as same in TataSky is well above 650+. Not sure about airtel. If you add HBO Premiums and Star world Premium its well over 800.

So choose wisely.

Hi, I am also planning to use the HD cable service of Manthan. They are asking for more than Rs 4000 for the HD STP and around Rs 500 / month.

Is it same everywhere?

Also, I found that the Tata Sky or Airtel DTH is much more cheaper than this cable services. So, is it worth to go for the cable service or shall I opt for DTH?

Can Someone please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Tata Sky is cheap? Don't get fooled.. Their packages are priced correctly but you gotta pay extra for the HD access fee n if you're a fan of sports then you'll end up putting approx 600/mnth.. N if you want all the HD channels except premium you'll have to pay more than 7000/yr!! Better go for cable HD n if you want very good pq n aq n dnt care abt money then tata sky :)

What I need is few HD channels on ala carte basis but what they are insisting me is a full/ jumbo pack.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back