Videocon D2H initial impressions

JFYI, the new STB remote is awesome and that too RF one.

Hi

Can you please tell me how is the new STB remote. I have the 2222 STB and the remote keys are very hard to press.

Would appreciate if you or someone else (who's got the new STB) could share a brief overview of the remote. A picture would be really helpful.

Thanks!

My expierience of VideoconD2H has been pathetic. I took a one year subscription of D2H HD, got white remote and white setup box. During the year, I got the remote replaced 3 times, it was so unpredictable and hard and it remained like same everytime, Changing channels was just a torture for me. Sometimes, it worked after 10 button presses and sometimes it skiiped 4 channels in one button press. Finally the set top box also died permanently. In my view, Videocon provides very substandard hardware for their D2H services. I will not recommend it to anyone.

My 2011 box is dead. The guy came with 3 replacement boxes and none of them played any sound through hdmi. Turns out all replacement boxes had fw 36 while my old box had fw 46. Pretty crazy why they can't update the firmware and send the boxes.

My 2011 box is dead. The guy came with 3 replacement boxes and none of them played any sound through hdmi. Turns out all replacement boxes had fw 36 while my old box had fw 46. Pretty crazy why they can't update the firmware and send the boxes.
I have a 2012 hd box.
Is it possible to add Dolby Digital over hdmi functionality via any firmware update?

Last I checked it wasn't working unfortunately. Only stereo via HDMI.

Yes I think the new white color box allows DD5.1 over HDMI the last time I checked it. You need to get the latest firmware as per the technician who installed at my place. But I am using the white box in my bedroom which does not have a HT and also it comes with a RF remote which is not compatible with the Logitech universal remote. Hence I use the old black box in my living room which does the DD via optical output.

Alright, here's an update.
I have Dolby Digital working over hdmi on the 2012 hd box, the download ID being 46.
I changed the audio setting in the installation menu.

Anyone having issues with Kid's channel's off late? I have south platinum HD pack. None of the kids channel is coming up. All i hear is broken audio/video.

Just checked D2H website, the Platinum HD pack price is increased from 550/mo to 590/mo...........

Time to move away from Videocon...

Tatasky offers grand sports pack (1 yr-21 HD channels) with HD box with free installation for ?5850 as exclusive online offer ..
Will it be a good buy?
Videocon d2h is ?7750 with installation with 1 yr platinum HD..

Tatasky offers grand sports pack (1 yr-21 HD channels) with HD box with free installation for ?5850 as exclusive online offer ..
Will it be a good buy?
Videocon d2h is ?7750 with installation with 1 yr platinum HD..

I saw that offer on tata sky website. It looks as if both the box and installation is free if you pay for the whole year. I did not believe any DTH operator will give the box free.

Would suggest to go for TS. Videocon remote is crap. They had the benefit of being VFM but that is gone now too.

Tata Sky Grand Sports pack Rs. 470 + Rs. 125 HD access fee = Rs. 595 Total
Videocon Platinum HD pack = Rs. 590

Actually they breakup 5850 as HD stb-?999
Grand sports pack-?4851
HD access fee (1500/yr)-free
Looks like VFM offer..
Videocon on the other hand asks for ?7720 for installation with platinum HD..

Secondly videocon asks for 12 month payment and gives 13th month free, while airtel and tatasky gives 12th month free..
So that also makes a small difference..

I've purchased STB-2222. I've enabled recording facility on it but I can't pause the live TV. When I press pause button on remote, it shows channel list. Anyone can please help me to learn that how can we pause live TV channels?

The subscription prices have gone up. What used to be about 425 (South gold hd plus recording) is now 479. And this package is now available anymore.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back