TRAI Guidelines for Digital Cable TV & DTH effective 1st Feb 2019

Hathway is still sorting out the broadcaster bouquet etc so my line is still on as I have paid till Feb 2019 end....lets see how things go

any tata sky subscribers here been migrated to the new tariff after registering request?

Yes, my connection is migrated to new plan.
I was in annual plan of south sports, with English movies, kids channels etc. add on packs. also HD activation fee (obviously).

For the time being, I just selected only free channels within 100 SD channels.
So mine is coming to 130+ taxes. Balance amount of annual pack, HD access fee etc. credited to my account.
Next recharge is to be done in Mar 2020 only :)

If we avoid pay channels as much as possible in this period, I hope that channels will reduce price and offer packages at lower rates.
Free channels can show advertisements for generating revenue, I am not happy to see too many ads in a paid channel.

You will be given suggested equivalent packs today. Naturally, since they are suggesting, I think the package will include stuff you dont want, plus be costlier. You will have the freedom to cut and redo teh package. Best is to go to the website and do it on your own rather than call them.

Seems Hathway has pulled the plug at 11pm today.......all broadcasting has gone off....BLACK OUT!

I Checked with the Area Manager....he was surprised as they were sorting out the bigger mess in the interest of the customer.....There is no signal being received by the Set top box....so clearly something wrong from the supply end to all subscribers....

Apparently he is in touch over whatsapp and has forwarded my complaint on priority....so hopefully it should start back or......lets see ;)

Have received this SMS from Hathaway:

Dear Subscriber, your Cable TV subscription is due for renewal on 09-feb-2019. Click http://tinyurl.com/ycty9hp4 to pay now or call Hathway representative

My earlier subscription was valid till 30th of Feb. So that seems to have been cancelled. Not sure what happens to the money already paid.

Meanwhile their mobile app pack selection seems to have been updated to select channels as per the new rules, but there seems to be many misses in broadcaster packs.

In fact Sony HD send to be missing in a la carte selections :)

I wonder how the MSO now would differentiate themselves from DTH, earlier it used to be on value and price. Now that seems to have been lost. They will be the biggest losers in this.

Hi

I have somehow locked horns with Hathway in the beginning when I highlighted missing English packs and value packs from Sony and Zee and even Star......I have my annual subscription paid from 1st March 2018 till 28th Feb 2019.

Hathway now is realising that packs are missing and other operators have already updated their respective websites etc....so as a solution...win win...they have not done any blackouts for my area (thanks to my complaining and involvement of TRAI). It is still on as we speak. The technical glitch was faced only for 45 mins and restored. So the folks in the area still enjoy cable (on my accord ;) ).

Calculation for those who have already paid will be on pro rated basis......

Airtel has screed up they have changed it to some unknow alacarta trying to chase them but no avail
Thinking to put 100 free channels and live with it

Airtel was on TRAI scanner a couple of weeks back,,,,so if they are not adhering to TRAI guidelines and mandate as shared earlier (see my initial posts), please feel free to report to TRAI....

First put a warning mail to Aitel customer care citing the missing broadcaster value packs which are pocket friendly and say if the same is not made available to subscribers, you have no option but to report to TRAI,....they will then play ball.,...

Visit the TRAI website and see all broadcaster packs are updated which are value packs if you are watching more than 2/4 channels of the same broadcaster.

These packs are 50 to 80% updated by DTH / Cable Operators on their respective websites......

I use Tata Sky and found that once you choose channels, you will not be able to add new channels a-la-carte. When I asked them they said we should be able to do it. Apparently they forgot to add the option in manage channels section. Have raised a complaint so if you are using Tata Sky choose your channels in one shot else you may need to wait till they rectify the option.

Also, the way a multitv connection is calculated is the (Total amount of paid channels - NCF) per box.

Update from Hathway Bangalore.
Most of the channels have now been blocked today morning. Some random channels including some pay channels are active. No HD channels are active. I am not sure on what basis were the channels selected to stay active. My subscription according to the older scheme was valued till February 28th

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back