Petition to request DTH service Providers to Remove Watermark to prevent OLED Burn-in

Xiaomi Pro Series fills in this bracket nicely with all the HDR features, however they max out by 55" .
Xiaomi TVs aren’t HDR except their Mi Q1 75” and their OLEDs. Every other TV from Xiaomi doesn’t even have basic local dimming

Guys I have created a petition to request DTH service providers to remove the watermark or make it non static to prevent potential risk of burn-in.

As OLED TVs are being more widely adopted and their sales increasing steadily in India. DTH service providers should take a step towards resolving the issue with their static Watermark which is a great and ensured cause for burn in.

Here is the link to petition:

Thanking you,
KING DRANZER
Logo luminance limiter function will take care of it. Set it at high. And once every advert the screen will refresh and it may take care of that. Or from time to time just toggle to another program and come back during breaks. Only if day in and day out you keep on one channel it may cause a problem.

Logo luminance limiter function will take care of it. Set it at high. And once every advert the screen will refresh and it may take care of that. Or from time to time just toggle to another program and come back during breaks. Only if day in and day out you keep on one channel it may cause a problem.
It is not channel. It the DTH Brand Logo Watermark that is present in the corner. Be it TATAPLAY, Airtel, Dish, Sun-Direct, Hathway etc. They have their brand logo on one corner static no matter what program we switch to. This petition is for removal of that.

Channel Logos are not of an issue as we switch channel the logo changes and the color difference allows the sub-pixels to relax accordingly reducing risk of burn-in. But the Static Brand logo of DTH service provider remains there all the time. That is sure to burn-in.

It is not channel. It the DTH Brand Logo Watermark that is present in the corner. Be it TATAPLAY, Airtel, Dish, Sun-Direct, Hathway etc. They have their brand logo on one corner static no matter what program we switch to. This petition is for removal of that.

Channel Logos are not of an issue as we switch channel the logo changes and the color difference allows the sub-pixels to relax accordingly reducing risk of burn-in. But the Static Brand logo of DTH service provider remains there all the time. That is sure to burn-in.
We can request them to change watermark insertion from time to time at different areas of the screen to minimise the risk. Asking them to remove their watermark is a very big ask as they wont comply.

We can request them to change watermark insertion from time to time at different areas of the screen to minimise the risk. Asking them to remove their watermark is a very big ask as they wont comply.
If the petition gets a lot of signatures/support they might. It’s a reasonable ask as no viewer wants to have constant distraction while watching content served up by the provider.
I feel it’s worth a try. Do consider signing up.

by the way, on my TV (LG CX), I can not see any watermark or logo while watching programs.

Last edited:
Hence I also included the option for them to make it non static. With Logo popping in from time to time. Or moving to different corner from time to time. Either be fine. Long time ago before they started inserting their logos in. The service providers used to have line code which used to pop in different part of the screen from time to time. That was a lot better system to be honest. I wish they revert back to that.

If the petition gets a lot of signatures/support they might. It’s a reasonable ask as no viewer wants to have constant distraction while watching content served up by the provider.
I feel it’s worth a try. Do consider signing up.

by the way, on my TV (LG CX), I can not see any watermark or logo while watching programs.
What service provider are you using. Are you not seeing the Watermark while watching regular TV through DTH connection. Is the screen set to crop where top and bottom and even sides get cut(regular programs may be fine but while watching news and sports that will be an issue).

What service provider are you using. Are you not seeing the Watermark while watching regular TV through DTH connection. Is the screen set to crop where top and bottom and even sides get cut(regular programs may be fine but while watching news and sports that will be an issue).
It’s Tata sky.
I only watch content on the net streaming services. No set to box or cable.
Maybe the topic can be refined to specify this condition for the watermarks?

It’s Tata sky.
I only watch content on the net streaming services. No set to box or cable.
Maybe the topic can be refined to specify this condition for the watermarks?
See using streaming services there was never an issues. We get watermark only when using DTH or Cable connection. But majority watch and like the ease of use of DTH and Cable system. It is easier to switch between channels as all is present in one place. It is lot more complex to switch between apps just to switch channels to what we need. On regular TV it can be done using Up and Down or 3-digit number. Much easier.

OLED is a niche segment. The ones who watch dth a lot would only have a 1080 interlaced quality claimed to be 4k and may not even appreciate the TV's potential that much. HD ready TVs surprisingly do better with 1080 i signals. I am not going to argue if my opinion differs from yours but an OLED for dth content is an overqualified product to deploy. Probably if personified is the equivalent of a double phd noble laureate teaching 8th grade physics class. He would long to show his expertise in particle physics while he has to teach about plastics, waste cycle management and how gobar gas is manufactured in Punjab using buffalo dung!

OLED is a niche segment. The ones who watch dth a lot would only have a 1080 interlaced quality claimed to be 4k and may not even appreciate the TV's potential that much. HD ready TVs surprisingly do better with 1080 i signals. I am not going to argue if my opinion differs from yours but an OLED for dth content is an overqualified product to deploy. Probably if personified is the equivalent of a double phd noble laureate teaching 8th grade physics class. He would long to show his expertise in particle physics while he has to teach about plastics, waste cycle management and how gobar gas is manufactured in Punjab using buffalo dung!
Nah man. See as the prices of OLEDs have come down a lot in recent years the sales have gone up greatly. Specially the 55"(around 1.1lakh or less) and 65"(around 1.5lakh or less). People are purchasing them to replace their Regular TV. Not to be used in dedicated HT. And on Regular TV we watch DTH content for majority of the time. But thanks to OTT now we also watch Movies and other stuff on it once or twice a week. So people purchase OLEDs to get best PQ while watching Movies doesn't mean they are limiting its usage to that. When purchasing a new TV to replace an old one people give away or sell the OLD TV. And use the new one. Majority live in Apartments and small homes where there are only enough rooms to live in and no Extra room to have a Dedicated HT and place OLED TV in that and use Regular TV in Living Space. That is not how it works.

And to expect people to give up one the Technology and Picture Quality of OLED even though they can afford it as a long term investment. Just because DTH service providers are creating an issue through bad practices. It doesn't make sense to stay quiet about it.

You have to understand that People purchasing OLED and not purchasing it to watch Regular Cable content only. They are purchasing it to enjoy OTT content and other HiRes media occasionally. To get the best experience out of it. But that doesn't mean they be limiting it to that specific case either. Majority of time they be watching regular TV.

Nah man. See as the prices of OLEDs have come down a lot in recent years the sales have gone up greatly. Specially the 55"(around 1.1lakh or less) and 65"(around 1.5lakh or less). People are purchasing them to replace their Regular TV. Not to be used in dedicated HT. And on Regular TV we watch DTH content for majority of the time. But thanks to OTT now we also watch Movies and other stuff on it once or twice a week. So people purchase OLEDs to get best PQ while watching Movies doesn't mean they are limiting its usage to that. When purchasing a new TV to replace an old one people give away or sell the OLD TV. And use the new one. Majority live in Apartments and small homes where there are only enough rooms to live in and no Extra room to have a Dedicated HT and place OLED TV in that and use Regular TV in Living Space. That is not how it works.

And to expect people to give up one the Technology and Picture Quality of OLED even though they can afford it as a long term investment. Just because DTH service providers are creating an issue through bad practices. It doesn't make sense to stay quiet about it.

You have to understand that People purchasing OLED and not purchasing it to watch Regular Cable content only. They are purchasing it to enjoy OTT content and other HiRes media occasionally. To get the best experience out of it. But that doesn't mean they be limiting it to that specific case either. Majority of time they be watching regular TV.
Done signed the petition and forwarded it to my fb

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back