Dish HD - Travel XP HD added and redundant HD channels FINALLY gone from NSS6

Would you like Travel XP HD added to other TS and Airtel HD?

• Total voters

prankey

Title speaks it all. Tune to channel 476 and you would get Travel XP HD and they have finally removed the 3 redundant HD channels on NSS6 making way to HOPEFULLY more SD channels.

Having said that, audio distortion issues on some of the HD channels continue like Discovery HD (which they had fixed on Channel 80 on NSS6 to be like before), Nat Geo HD having like 10 times volume on left channel than right distorting it like someone is coughing :) Not sure when will they stop playing with volume levels.

2 Languages already added - English and Hindi - Hindi language option has a lot of STATIC noise in the background which should be fixed shortly.

PQ is good for an HD channel - same as you get in TS HD channels like Discovery, Nat Geo HD, however not as great like you see in Dish HD's Discovery and Nat Geo HD. You would observe pixelation during motion and complex scenes.

No EPG yet for this channel.

Thankfully, no audio issue on Travel XP HD English language which is truly India's HD travel related channel which is in TRUE HD! I love looking at places I have never visited in India in HD, its like virtually seeing it from home :)

Enjoy folks, give your feedback and I sincerely hope this makes a meaningful thread for a healthy discussion :yahoo:

Last edited:
That's great. I checked it just now. It's a real HD channel for sure. Quality isn't as great as National Geographic HD or Discovery HD. What could be the reason for it? Lower bandwidth?

I think the quality might be similar from the source. Being an Indian channel, they might be building masters with reduced bandwidth as compared with Discovery HD or Nat Geo HD. However, still, it is HD and has great content which may get me glued to the channel for several days. Its mind blowing to note that India has so much to offer in terms of travel!! Just AWESOMENESS in HD :)

Programs are excellent. Better than discovery's travel programs in a few cases.

I see a black border about 8 to 10 pixels if I let my TV detect the aspect ratio. I don't see the border if I force if to 16:9. Any ideas, why?

Yes its not full screen like in Movies Now top few rows are left. Again seems from the source.. Hope Dish TV resolves Hindi Audio Static sound soon.

Hmmm now Dish TV has started its "AUDIO ENGINEERING" on this channel as well. While Hindi track is working fine now, only RIGHT channel is audible in English Track.

On a side note, they have added Food First SD on channel 460 and removed Test channel 37 (which was named Star Cricket HD). Hope they add some more channels soon.

Last edited:
Yes its not full screen like in Movies Now top few rows are left. Again seems from the source.. Hope Dish TV resolves Hindi Audio Static sound soon.

I do see the channel in complete full screen, similar to Discovery HD
I find the Indian channels just ok, but the ones recorded abroad are almost on par with other HD channels.

I guess you meant the programs recorded in India are just about ok and those recorded abroad are at par with DC and NGC.

Yes. I too found their abroad programs to be of a slightly better quality. I don't think it's to do with different cameras. This difference is observed with general photography as well. Photos at abroad venues are likely to look better with the same camera. The reasons are cleaner surroundings, fewer distractions like people and vehicles, favorable light (inclined versus harsh vertical in India), more space for a photographer to chose his/her location.

I also receive this channel via my local cable wala.I have no idea whether the cable operator is broadcasting it in HD or not ?? But I feel the channel looks somewhat sharper than other channels.

I also receive this channel via my local cable wala.I have no idea whether the cable operator is broadcasting it in HD or not ?? But I feel the channel looks somewhat sharper than other channels.

They can't broadcast in HD, however you may get wide aspect ratio which itself is a blessing for HDTV owners.

I do see the channel in complete full screen, similar to Discovery HD
I find the Indian channels just ok, but the ones recorded abroad are almost on par with other HD channels.

You might be seeing in 16:9 mode instead of Just Scan or Full. Its almost full screen but some pixels in left and right are left on this channel.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back