New Home Theatre Finally Arrived Denon+Polk

rayvonnee

After a very long wait I finally got my home theatre system. I started off with the idea of buying a htib about 2years back. And now finally invested in a complete home theatre package. I got the denon avr-x500 and got Polk audio speakers. I have the tsx110b as fronts and another pair of the tsx110b as surrounds. The centre channel is tsx150c and chose the Polk Audio PSW 110 . I have temporarily connected my home theatre and will be soon setting it up as a proper home theatre should be set up. The sound is awesome. Clear and crisp. The only issue is with the subwoofer. On the back of the sub is left input and right input (combined for life) input. I got a rca subwoofer cable and hooked it up and I could not feel the bass like I had heard at profx. I then went though some threads and got a y splitter cable and viola!!!!!! The sub now was hitting hard and I liked it very much. But when i hear music the bass is very nice a clean but for movies i dont like it so much. So i tried plugging in only the lfe input in the sub and now the subwoofer sounds good for movies. Every time i hear music i use the y splitter cable and when i watch movies i remove the y splitter. Is it safe to use a y splitter???? Also is there any solution for this???

Congrats mate. i hope you are enjoying the setup.

i know there are few Polk users on this forum. they will definitely help you out. just relax and enjoy the setup meanwhile...;)

Line In would be a L/R input and if you are using the digital coax out from the LFE of the AVR, it would go into either of the input OR using a Y splitter you can input the same to both L & R. It would be equivalent to bumping up the volume of your sub and does not provide any other benefit.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back