New Home theatre setup advice

seshboxhq

Hi people,
I'm building a dedicated theatre room in my new home which is roughly 13 ft wide and 15.2 ft in length.
I know its a little small but this is all i had to work with.
People in the city are suggesting all sorts of systems and it has got me confused as shit.
Through some online research, i came across the BenQ W1770M as the suitable projector and the Bose Lifestyle 650 as the speaker and AVR solution.
I was looking for something easy on the eyes and with a good pleasing 360 sound experience
Can i do better than this in this price range or should i lock it down

Hi people,
I'm building a dedicated theatre room in my new home which is roughly 13 ft wide and 15.2 ft in length.
People in the city are suggesting all sorts of systems and it has got me confused as shit.
Through some online research, i came across the BenQ W1770M as the suitable projector and the Bose Lifestyle 650 as the speaker and AVR solution.
I was looking for something easy on the eyes and with a good pleasing 360 sound experience
welcome to the forum!!!
Please mention your budget for each item or as total ,so that FMs can suggest accordingly.

Hi people,
Hi

You can surely do better in this budget range which i believe will be touching 5L.

Welcome to the forum!
Good luck with your Home Theatre search!

Regards

Since it's a dedicated room, you should allow for soundproofing as well as internal acoustics.
There are many options other than Bose which will be less expensive and in my opinion, better sounding.

Hi people,
For a dedicated HT room the size is good and definitely not small. A 5.2.4 will give you best results. First things first, the max budget you are willing to spend please for FM’S to guide you

Hi.. Appreciate the warm welcome
So as far as the budget goes, it is total of 5L.
Which shall include
1.AVR
2.Speakers
3.Projector and Projector screen
4.VR gaming console

EXCLUDING
1.A vintage popcorn machine
2.Acoustic Furniture and panelling
3.Seating

FYI:
The entire home will be under automation system with Control4 server and Berker switches if that matters

Also, i forgot to mention the location which is Surat(Gujarat)
Thereby i opted for Bose, who provide good service in the city which might not be true for a lot of professional brands.

These are the options i received from the local suppliers which i did not find any conviction in. They seemed very eager to make the sale and did not reflect much knowledge in the subject.

Capture4.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture.PNG

The 4th option seems to be good especially Epson 8300 pj & Marantz SR 6011,but not sure about the speakers .
As said 5L is a very good budget ,U can do a lot better in that.

Epson 9400 has been launched..
6011 is a very old model
Well if he has budget 9400 ( Guess approx 2.75 L) should be good has good reviews too...but I feel it may cross 5 L overall.
Yes 6011 is old ,(he can get a good discount because of that .).But do u feel that there is any major upgrade between 6011 and 6013.
6013 may be having IMAX enhanced ( again that dust needs to get settled,also u may require IMAX enhanced display support also for that Otherwise no use.).
Denon & Marantz releases every year new model which I feel is purely a marketing and to hike prices.

Well if he has budget 9400 ( Guess approx 2.75 L) should be good has good reviews too...but I feel it may cross 5 L overall.
Yes 6011 is old ,(he can get a good discount because of that .).But do u feel that there is any major upgrade between 6011 and 6013.
6013 may be having IMAX enhanced ( again that dust needs to get settled,also u may require IMAX enhanced display support also for that Otherwise no use.).
Denon & Marantz releases every year new model which I feel is purely a marketing and to hike prices.
Yeah.. but 6011 is too old.. at least 6012 should have been added to the quote..
And is he really getting better prices for 6011?

The 4th option seems to be good especially Epson 8300 pj & Marantz SR 6011,but not sure about the speakers .
As said 5L is a very good budget ,U can do a lot better in that.
HDMI 1.4 cable for Epson 8300?

HDMI 1.4 introduced the kind of bandwidth required to deliver 4K video, but HDMI 2.0 can dole out 4K video without compromise, at 50 and 60 frames per second. In HDMI 1.4, the rate of 4K was limited to 24 frames per second.

For 5 lac, you can go for a good UHD Optoma projector and 6012 with a lot of headroom for a decent 7.2 speaker set. If you really want in-wall speakers, the enclosure needs some careful filling before installing the speakers. Most conventional 'home theaters' in today's market consists of 5 or 7 small speakers which will be mounted near the ceilings and a sub or two placed near the TV cabinet. With your budget being able to stretch a little bit, you can audition and go for Klipsch, Jamo, Polk, Definitive or few other floorstanding speakers and match the surrounds and center accordingly for a first class setup.

HDMI 1.4 cable for Epson 8300?

HDMI 1.4 introduced the kind of bandwidth required to deliver 4K video, but HDMI 2.0 can dole out 4K video without compromise, at 50 and 60 frames per second. In HDMI 1.4, the rate of 4K was limited to 24 frames per second.

Ha ha ...
I didn't mentioned about HDMI 1.4 ,and also there was offer for only 3d bluray player u might hav missed it .
Agreed about HDMI 1.4 ,if he want true 4k ,then he may need to getHDMI 2.0 of min 18GBps ,dont know whether epson 8300 supports that bandwidth . 8300 is faux 4k pj type (so I didn't mind about 4k in this case).
6011 prices that buyer can consider to bargain.If new model is required, then 6013 also can be prefred.
Special mention @seshboxhq .U may need to consider the above points based on your prefrence and budget.

Ha ha ...
I didn't mentioned about HDMI 1.4 ,and also there was offer for only 3d bluray player u might hav missed it .
Agreed about HDMI 1.4 ,if he want true 4k ,then he may need to getHDMI 2.0 of min 18GBps ,dont know whether epson 8300 supports that bandwidth . 8300 is faux 4k pj type (so I didn't mind about 4k in this case).
6011 prices that buyer can consider to bargain.If new model is required, then 6013 also can be prefred.
Special mention @seshboxhq .U may need to consider the above points based on your prefrence and budget.
Epson can take 4k signal so cable will matter for sure and specially for sports..

Hahah
I only shared the above BOQ's to show how these guys have got me confused.
The projector i chose was BenqW1700M. Apart from that, i have no clue which AVR or Speaker set to opt for other than what i read in the 'WhatHifi' magazine.
I want to wrap up the budget within 4.4L so that i can spend the remaining on some VR gadgets and stuff

Hahah
I only shared the above BOQ's to show how these guys have got me confused.
The projector i chose was BenqW1700M. Apart from that, i have no clue which AVR or Speaker set to opt for other than what i read in the 'WhatHifi' magazine.
I want to wrap up the budget within 4.4L so that i can spend the remaining on some VR gadgets and stuff
AV field has lot of snake oil.My suggestion don't get trapped into it.
Possible Visit some of our FM place, Showrooms in your city.Have audition ,get an idea about different AVR and speakers ,how it sounds then decide it slowly.Dont be in a hurry for selection. U can save a lot of money .

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back