New Home theatre setup advice

AV field has lot of snake oil.My suggestion don't get trapped into it.
Possible Visit some of our FM place, Showrooms in your city.Have audition ,get an idea about different AVR and speakers ,how it sounds then decide it slowly.Dont be in a hurry for selection. U can save a lot of money .
Everything sounds good in ones respective hometheatre demo setup. Making a choice based on that is incredibly tough. Based on my room size, how the performance would be is very tough to guage. I figured i could make a more informed decision based on what i gather from professionals off the internet how do not have an arterial motif

Everything sounds good in ones respective hometheatre demo setup. Making a choice based on that is incredibly tough. Based on my room size, how the performance would be is very tough to guage. I figured i could make a more informed decision based on what i gather from professionals off the internet how do not have an arterial motif
Each room has different factors.( It's variable factor). Attaining Audio Nirvana is a very big task. If Demo rooms are properly set and Acousticaly treated , it will sound good.The idea for audition is to get the speaker sound signature /tonality and AVR performance .Each persons have different taste for audio.

The AVR room calibration helps somewhat if u properly position the speakers as per guidelines,but again proper Room acoustics matters most.( So possible add a budget for room acoustics treatment too ,if u are serious about good sound).
Some of basic inputs/ suggestion are
Decide the speaker layout u want in ur room .( 5.1/7.1/5.2.4/7.2.4)
Select the AVR that can support according to ur speaker layout.
Do invest good on Speakers.
Go for a two sub minimum .( the second sub can be added later if budget is a constraint)
Do post ur advancement ,so that members can suggest accordingly.Good luck.

Hi seshboxhq...

I think someone somewhere will have to start making suggestions, for you to get along. So Iam posting my 5.2.4 atmos setup in a 11.5 x 17 ft room along with the prices I paid. So you can see and decide. My entire setup is mostly Qacoustics. But you have entire sets available from other brands too. All the best.

Avr - marantz sr6011 - paid 1.1L in 2014 or 15
Front L&R - acoustics concept 40 - 1.27L
Center - Qacoustics concept centre- 37 k I think
Surrounds - acoustics q7000 lri - 30 k I think
But I would advise you to add a qacoutics concept 20's as surrounds - should be around 40 to 44k
Inceiling atmos speakers- Yamaha IWC 280 I think. Think I paid around 30 or 34k for all 4 speakers..
Cabling - is supra for front LCR, and some generic dac cable or something for everything else..

My setup is in my.living room, so don't have a projector.

I use a roku uhd to stream Netflix and Amazon fire tv stick to stream Amazon prime. I have a pioneer bdp-450 blueray player that i don't use Any more..

So all the above looks like it adds upto approx 3.7L. So you have a budget of around 1.3L for your chosen projector . All the best :)

------- 1st edit
Apart from the above I have a external integrated amp for music, which you don't actually require..And I use a Logitech harmony elite home system to control everything. I guess it has the functionality for smart home automation. But being completely dumb at computers, I choose not to try the additional functionality. But it there if you need.

------ 2nd edit

I forgot about the sub woofer. I use a small 8 inch sub called Qacoustics 2070i or something. This is the weak link in my system. But I don't have room for a full fledged sub. So making do with it. The sub is the heart of any HT system. So you should around 70 to 80k minimum for a good single sub to start with. Your room doesn't necessarily need a second sub to start with . But you can always add a 2nd one down the line when budget permits.

So total cost so far = 3.7L for speakers and avr + 70k for sub = 4.4L

Last edited:
Hi seshboxhq...

I think someone somewhere will have to start making suggestions, for you to get along. So Iam posting my 5.2.4 atmos setup in a 11.5 x 17 ft room along with the prices I paid. So you can see and decide. My entire setup is mostly Qacoustics. But you have entire sets available from other brands too. All the best.

Avr - marantz sr6011 - paid 1.1L in 2014 or 15
Front L&R - acoustics concept 40 - 1.27L
Center - Qacoustics concept centre- 37 k I think
Surrounds - acoustics q7000 lri - 30 k I think
But I would advise you to add a qacoutics concept 20's as surrounds - should be around 40 to 44k
Inceiling atmos speakers- Yamaha IWC 280 I think. Think I paid around 30 or 34k for all 4 speakers..
Cabling - is supra for front LCR, and some generic dac cable or something for everything else..

My setup is in my.living room, so don't have a projector.

I use a roku uhd to stream Netflix and Amazon fire tv stick to stream Amazon prime. I have a pioneer bdp-450 blueray player that i don't use Any more..

So all the above looks like it adds upto approx 3.7L. So you have a budget of around 1.3L for your chosen projector . All the best :)

------- 1st edit
Apart from the above I have a external integrated amp for music, which you don't actually require..And I use a Logitech harmony elite home system to control everything. I guess it has the functionality for smart home automation. But being completely dumb at computers, I choose not to try the additional functionality. But it there if you need.

------ 2nd edit

I forgot about the sub woofer. I use a small 8 inch sub called Qacoustics 2070i or something. This is the weak link in my system. But I don't have room for a full fledged sub. So making do with it. The sub is the heart of any HT system. So you should around 70 to 80k minimum for a good single sub to start with. Your room doesn't necessarily need a second sub to start with . But you can always add a 2nd one down the line when budget permits.

So total cost so far = 3.7L for speakers and avr + 70k for sub = 4.4L
I have heard the Q Acoustics Concept 40. Really Nice Speakers

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back