new home theatre setup for 2.5 - 3 L - need advice please

Please do not try ceiling firing atmos speakers. I had bad experience with Elac and Pioneers. Their performance is marginal. Better option would be ceiling speakers or elevations speakers. Also very less content relating to atmos. For my setup, elevation works better than atmos
Ok. Sure

95K for Denon x 4400 & 1.01L for Marantz 6012?.. 95K for Denon x 4400 seems a good price..

This on looks to be a 8inch driver.. I doubt if it will dig deeper in the freq response, also if sea wind would do anything to subwoofer freq..

You may consider other 12 inch sub offerings inside your budget of 75K..

Taga Harmony Platinum range of speakers.. I would try to complete the set-up with as many speakers as possible.. My suggestion would be Taga LCR-60, for it is 14K per speaker and shallow in depth (11cm) and has flexible wall mount options.. I would buy 7 of these speakers and wall mount it in the room to complete the bed layer..
Denon 3500H not 4400.
Would consider the subs.
Cable has been done for 4 wall mounts only

Please do not try ceiling firing atmos speakers. I had bad experience with Elac and Pioneers. Their performance is marginal. Better option would be ceiling speakers or elevations speakers. Also very less content relating to atmos. For my setup, elevation works better than atmos
sorry. what are the types of atmos speakers. I could not get the elevation/height/ceiling firing/ceiling mounted speakers terminology..

We though of putting ceiling speakers but deferred later. At the level where a man is sitting in the photo we have made provisions for 2 speakers on each side. Will that be useful?
I didnt get that clearly. but if your budget allows , go for 2 ceiling speakers as well to account for Atmos. In a nut shell, you will have front L&R, center speaker, surrounds L&R, rear L&R and heights L&R. For heights, ceiling speakers will do but mounting two bookshelves in ceiling is the best

See this for details on speaker name
http://rn.dmglobal.com/eudenon/4137.jpg

Last edited:
See if this interests you. It will get you fronts plus an element of atmos experience. I head the BP9000 series at the recent What HiFi show and I must admit I was very impressed with its musicality even though I had always taken them to be HT oriented.

https://www.definitivetechnology.com/collections/home-audio/bp9000-series

Of course, DefTech does have other components too if one wishes to buy. Plus, they are retailed in India (at least in Bangalore) so local support is there.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back