New Home theatre setup

Modsy

Wanted suggestions for a home theatre setup. This is for my cousin .

Dedicated Home theatre Room :

Dimensions : 23 x 16 x 10 ( L X W X H)
In total the room is ~ 4000 cubic feet .

We are looking at the following components :

1.Projector
2. Projector Screen
2.AVR
3. 7.1 speaker Setup
4. Cables & Wires

Usage would be 60% Movies and 40% Music.

Total budget all inclusive is 5 Lacs.

We would be auditioning the equipment in Mumbai. Hence suggestion of A/V stuff available in Mumbai would be great help.

In this budget of yours you could go in for a really good setup.
Audition the following brands and then mix and match your setup.

Projector: Brands to consider Panasonic PT4000 or Infocus In 82 / Epson / Sanyo. Budget around 150K
Screen: Dalite budget around 15K for 120"
AVR: Denon 2310 around 55k / or Onkyo 807 around 80K / Pioneer / Yahama 1065 Onwards
Speakers 7.1 Package : Monitor Audio RX6, Dali Ikon 6, Mordaunt Short Mezzo, Polk Audio RTI A series, Tannoy Revolution Signature Series. Budget Around 250K.
Wires / Servo - Around 25K

To get real value out of such spend, you guys need to focus on the acoustics also. Look at some threads in the Acoustics section.

go through the forum threads you will find plenty of stuff @ your budget

wud suggest splitting up

projector ( wud prefer dlp) with screen 1000k
optoma HD20 / epson 8100/ mitsubhishi 3800/ benq w1000

screen 15-20k manual /motorised /fixed
brands -grandview/ panoview/liberty /dalite (cud be expensive)

processor and 7.1 channel power amp 2000k
marantz AV8003 / mm 8003 7.1 channel power amp

spkr package 3000k
there are various packages @ this price, u cud listen and decide according to ear and pocket

source Blu ray player --pioneer / panasonic/ oppo---around 30-40k

set aside a budget for acoustic treatment , theres no limit here u cud do well with 1000k

Last edited:
In this budget of yours you could go in for a really good setup.
Audition the following brands and then mix and match your setup.

Projector: Brands to consider Panasonic PT4000 or Infocus In 82 / Epson / Sanyo. Budget around 150K
Screen: Dalite budget around 15K for 120"
AVR: Denon 2310 around 55k / or Onkyo 807 around 80K / Pioneer / Yahama 1065 Onwards
Speakers 7.1 Package : Monitor Audio RX6, Dali Ikon 6, Mordaunt Short Mezzo, Polk Audio RTI A series, Tannoy Revolution Signature Series. Budget Around 250K.
Wires / Servo - Around 25K

Ashish thanks for the inputs.
For the projector i did consider the Panasonic PT AE 3000. The quote i received was INR 140K ( without bill).
AVR i am with you on the Denon 2310 . Best price received was INR 57K. Speakers i will audition the above and then decide.

Any suggestions on a good Sub?

Hi,

You will get the Pana4000 for the 140K, then why 3000.. check the other threads.. Govindp has given this figure.

Regards

Please be guided that before you think on components, you have to work on the acoustics and other things.

For your size of room to have a 7.1 is not a good idea, 5.1 will be correct, while screen size should not be more then 80/100 inches and it should be only 16 x 9 format.

Vinay.

Please be guided that before you think on components, you have to work on the acoustics and other things.

For your size of room to have a 7.1 is not be a good idea, 5.1 will be perfect, while the screen size should not be more then 80/100 inches and it should be only 16 x 9 format.

Vinay.

Welcome back Vinay, after a long time,, could not see any post of yours:)

Modsy:

You are getting reasonably good advice regarding AVRs and such. I would give the following advice:

1. Regarding speakers, since you needs are 60% movies, see if you can look at In Wall speakers. Something like the PSB CW383 with matching surrounds (CW260). These speakers save a lot of floor space, and when installed well, sound extremely good.

2. Branded foreign screens could go upto a lakh of rupees. In Mumbai there is a small company that is reputed to make good screen for 10 to 15K. Go and meet them and see what they have to offer. Their contact details are:

Juzer S. Ghadiali
Zoher and Company
Zenith Industrial Estate, 2nd floor,
248 - 250 Maulana Azad Road
Mumbai - 400008
Tel: 022-23006125 Fax: 022-23083772
Email: [email protected]

Cheers

Modsy:

You are getting reasonably good advice regarding AVRs and such. I would give the following advice:

1. Regarding speakers, since you needs are 60% movies, see if you can look at In Wall speakers. Something like the PSB CW383 with matching surrounds (CW260). These speakers save a lot of floor space, and when installed well, sound extremely good.

2. Branded foreign screens could go upto a lakh of rupees. In Mumbai there is a small company that is reputed to make good screen for 10 to 15K. Go and meet them and see what they have to offer. Their contact details are:

Juzer S. Ghadiali
Zoher and Company
Zenith Industrial Estate, 2nd floor,
248 - 250 Maulana Azad Road
Mumbai - 400008
Tel: 022-23006125 Fax: 022-23083772
Email: [email protected]

Cheers

Venkat,

Thanks . Will speak to Zoher & Company for the screen. With respect to the speakers not sure about the cost of these inwall speakers. I'll check with Larkozy who are the indian disti's for PSB speakers . Will include them in my audition

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back