New LG Jazz Theatre....

ashisban

I am a new member to this forum and first of all I should thank you all for all the valuable information that you people are sharing through this forum.

Now I have been looking for a 32 inch Full HD LCD for quite some time. After all my research I was inclined towards the Sony V series or the Samsung 5 series. However yesterday at an Ezone showroom in Kolkata I came across the LG Jazz Theatre (32LH60YR). The specs are incredible when compared to the Sony or Samsung. Also the the quality of picture (Tata Sky as well as Blue-Ray) looked at per (if not better) with the Sony and the Samsung. The sound was million times better. It was sounding like a low to mid range home theatre in a box. And all of this I was getting for around 38K which is at per with Samsung (37.9K for LA3B550 model) and much below the Sony V550A (42.9K).

So what do you think about this new LG Jazz Theatre?

Also do anybody has any thoughts about the new Panasonic X15? Although its only HD Ready the specs are very good and I got an offer price of 38K as well.

Looking forward to your responses.

Last edited:
And here are the specs for this LG Jazz Theatre:

IPS - Advanced LCD Panel
700W PMPO Sound Output
5.1 ch. Virtual Surround Sound
Full HD 1080p
TruMotion 100Hz
1,00,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
2.4 ms Response Time
DivX thru' USB 2.0
3 X HDMI (ver. 1.3 deep colour)

And I must say the looks are very good as well......

Yes. This TV looks very impressive to me.
Mainly the 2.4Mhz response time, 10 speaker system & DivX through USB
Any technical reviews of this one? Especially if one has to choose between this one and Sony 32V550 or 32S550?

I am a new member to this forum and first of all I should thank you all for all the valuable information that you people are sharing through this forum.

Now I have been looking for a 32 inch Full HD LCD for quite some time. After all my research I was inclined towards the Sony V series or the Samsung 5 series. However yesterday at an Ezone showroom in Kolkata I came across the LG Jazz Theatre (32LH60YR). The specs are incredible when compared to the Sony or Samsung. Also the the quality of picture (Tata Sky as well as Blue-Ray) looked at per (if not better) with the Sony and the Samsung. The sound was million times better. It was sounding like a low to mid range home theatre in a box. And all of this I was getting for around 38K which is at per with Samsung (37.9K for LA3B550 model) and much below the Sony V550A (42.9K).

So what do you think about this new LG Jazz Theatre?

Also do anybody has any thoughts about the new Panasonic X15? Although its only HD Ready the specs are very good and I got an offer price of 38K as well.

Looking forward to your responses.

Are u getting samsung 32B550 for 37.9 in EZONE ? Last time ( 20 days back ) when i saw that in EZONE chennai it was displayed as 46k.

Beleive me ,you can try for LH-35 ,just saw & m highly impressed.
From TATASKy to DVDp ,contrast & colour were superb.Its far better than LF20.Price 34k without exchange & with OLDTV -ve1500.

Couldn't resist myself and just completed the purchase of the 32 JAZZ Theatre.
Paid 38k cash after lot of bargaining..........could not extract any free gifts from the dealer; however got a Onida HDMI upconverting DVD player for 3k and got a HDMI cable free. LCD Delivery is due tomorrow so keeping my fingers crossed :licklips:

SSPS : I got a final price on Samsung 32B550 of 37.9k from Sales Emporium, Kolkata.....But I think the better deal is 32B530 for 33k. There is basically no difference between the specs.....

Beleive me ,you can try for LH-35 ,just saw & m highly impressed.
From TATASKy to DVDp ,contrast & colour were superb.Its far better than LF20.Price 34k without exchange & with OLDTV -ve1500.

Have u seen sammy b530? How do u rate both tv's ? I am looking for 37" lcd & seen demo for sammy and almost decided to buy this weekend.

Have u seen sammy b530? How do u rate both tv's ? I am looking for 37" lcd & seen demo for sammy and almost decided to buy this weekend.

I have seen both the 32B530 and 37B530. Among Full HDs its definitely good and the picture quality is quite comparable to the Sony V series as well as the LG Jazz Theatre and Scarlett 2.0. The B550 looks better in design but has the almost similar specs like B530. But I think you do not have 37" for B550 yet in India.

I went for the LG Jazz Theatre because of the 2 important features: 100 Hz true motion and the much better sound quality for a similar price range.

Further if you are mainly interested in DTH, I felt for the LCDs, Airtel's quality is much better than Tata Sky. I already have a Tata Sky but planning to subscribe for Airtel as well for the new TV.

I saw LG-20 & 35 with PanyLX800 ,Samy550 in 32in.Panal & colourwise LH35 better than all others.LG has 10bit panal.Colours are accurate than rest.If you see LH35 & sam550,you will like LG as colours natural,3D effect,contrast much more than any other,even LH20.I saw this & then just read whathifi mag this months & found 32inLCD comparion.They also backedup LG & compared with Samy.SD ,cricket on Tatasky supurb.Grass was propr green & sharp.

I saw this today. The 40" version was really cool looking. Sound was amazing. However, picture quality not so much. They were playing some blue ray content and I'm not sure if TV was calibrated or not. Sales guy told me it was but it didn't impress me a lot.

I saw this today. The 40" version was really cool looking. Sound was amazing. However, picture quality not so much. They were playing some blue ray content and I'm not sure if TV was calibrated or not. Sales guy told me it was but it didn't impress me a lot.

Which one Jazz LH35 or Samy?

spirovious & ashisban thanks for ur opinions , i am looking for 37 inch Lcd , so don't hAVE much option , will take a demo of Lg 35 and then decide.

Okay here are my initial feedback after playing with my new Jazz Theatre for one whole day:

1)On my home Tata Sky the SD picture looks much better than the Tata Sky signal that were played in the showroom. Probably its because in the showroom they were feeding the same signal to a number of televisions. However I have to admit that it s not really matching my Onida CRT based 29" Oxygen that it replaced. But I already knew that.
2)The default colour setting was 'Vivid' which I did not like much. However there are a whole lot of colour settings available and after playing around with it a bit I finally fixed a setting that is soothing on my eye.
3)Occasionally it appears that the pixels are breaking (mostly with Star Sports during the Champions League 20-20). But I suppose that is normal with all SD signal on a full HDTV.
4)The sound is excellent with very high degree of clarity. I am using 1/3rd the max volume and can hear everything clearly from all corners of my 20*15 living room.
5)The USB port really is very handy with an excellent interface. I was able to run all my movie DVD rips (AVI format) without any flaws. In addition it also displayed the subtitles by reading from the .srt files. It can only play DIVX with SD resolution, so I could not test my HD Videos, downloaded from the internet. That is really a shame. I also watched all my photo collection taken with my Pentax K10D SLR (after converting to 1080p resolution). It was some experience to view these photos in a 32" HDTV at full resolution.
6)I also tested few DVDs from my collection using the Onida HDMI player. I connected the DVD to the LG JAZZ using HDMI for video and used the coaxial digital cable to connect to my Sony Home Theatre. The upscaled videos were amazing with very distinct colours, sharpness and contrast. Infact some of the DVD movies (Cars, Finding Nemo and LOTR) appeared very close to HD resolution.
7)I do not have a Blue-Ray player so could not comment on Blue-Ray/Full HD performance. Also as I mentioned earlier I was not able to view my Full HD clips using the USB connection. That is a major drawback for this otherwise excellent feature rich LCD.

The LCD looks very cool and is actually Deep Blue (crystal design) in colour and not Black as it appeared in the LG site as well as in the showroom. I will continue to monitor its performance in the coming days and will post any new findings regarding the same.

Last edited:
You got a very good price (38K). I got a Jazz Theatre yesterday for 43K from a dealer in Gurgaon.

38K is unbelievable. I have a cousin in LG and even for employees it is availavle at 42K.

its available for 40.8k at Reliance Mart Sec-29.

I really don't know why it is so expensive in Gurgaon. Infact at a eZone outlet in Kolkata, they asked 39K for the 32" JAZZ Theatre. I used that quote and bargained with a local dealer and was able to get it for 38k without any offer. So it seems it is much cheaper in Kolkata. In addition they gave me an Airtel Digital TV subscription for only 1500 with 4 months subscription totally free.

Meanwhile Congrats to ashrutkhatter on his purchase. Please feel free to share some of your experience with this newly launched JAZZ Theatre.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back