New model Onkyo HT-S4505

Have any one auditioned this model? could you share your reviews?

Does this model has heating problems like 3400? how does this scores when compared with denon 1312?

What exactly happen when the system is hot? Does it create any problem with the system? I heard many times this particular problem with Onkyo model but not sure except increasing the room temperature what else go wrong.

@goodsound, don't worry about the heat. Its normal for most of the Onkyo Receivers. Just give proper ventilation for the receiver, that's all. Please don't cover the upper grills of the receiver with a cloth or something which will obstruct the air circulation.

I have been using for quite some time now, the heat generation is not a problem at all in the proper functioning of the Onkyo receivers.

@goodsound, don't worry about the heat. Its normal for most of the Onkyo Receivers. Just give proper ventilation for the receiver, that's all. Please don't cover the upper grills of the receiver with a cloth or something which will obstruct the air circulation.

I have been using for quite some time now, the heat generation is not a problem at all in the proper functioning of the Onkyo receivers.

Hi Jaivelu....M confused between yamaha 298 and Onkyo HTS 4505...Kindly give your opinion...!!
I want to go for the best buy and i wont purchase again and again..n separate AVR/Speakers z out of my budget.
I can spend maxx upto 35-36k...

Hey guyz...Can any one give me idea how much it costs to get an HTIB on flight from a gulf nation...
Onkyo HTS4505- 102KD
Onkyo HTS 5500-128KD
1KD= 195 INR

Can any guide me as how to get the same into India..Will it be cheaper compared to India if i pay for the extra luggage cost and import duty in India...

Kindly advise

@rahpulsar, if you can get the Onkyo HTS-5500 for 128KD, then its a best deal for a 7.1 home theater. Please get the HTS-5500, it has a very good receiver with Audyssey 2EQ with mike and WRAT with front USB for iPod or USB drive connectivity and also has the pre-out for sub-woofer. Its future proof. See the Amazon link for the same and read the reviews also.

Amazon.com: Onkyo HT-S5500 7.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker/Receiver Package: Electronics

hi jaivelu n rupam... plzz help me, m confused between onkyo 4505 & denon avr1513 + jamo s426 hcs3. I like floor standing spekers but d look of jamo s426 is like old speakers.

hi jaivelu n rupam... plzz help me, m confused between onkyo 4505 & denon avr1513 + jamo s426 hcs3. I like floor standing spekers but d look of jamo s426 is like old speakers.

I would always recommend Jamo S426 HCS3 over Onkyo. Why are you bother with looks. Do you want to be impressed when the system is switched on or just by looks when the system is off....?
Get a Denon / Yamaha + Jamo S426 HCS3, thats very good system in this range.

I would always recommend Jamo S426 HCS3 over Onkyo. Why are you bother with looks. Do you want to be impressed when the system is switched on or just by looks when the system is off....?

True That. :D
I find the looks pretty good too. :p
However, going for Seperate 5.1 Speaker system along with a receiver is a great option :eek:hyeah:

Any subwoof options for this package under 15k...?

Thats a very tight budget for sub, but you can always audition PSW 110 @ 15k
Or look at Sonodyne Roarr 108 also @ 15.5
But its better to get Sonodyne Roarr 210 Subwoofer @ 19k

+ to Rupam.

I will always recommend the Denon+Jamo package over any Onkyo 4505. I think you haven't taken a audition of the Jamo speakers. Please take an audition of the package. These speakers have enough bass for a normal enviroment like living room or a hall, so I don't think you need a separate sub-woofer for now.

First get the Denon+Jamo package and install it in your house. Just see how it performs in your environment and whether its gives satisfactory bass or not. If the bass is fine then stay with the package. You can always add a separate sub-woofer later on when you enough money to buy a good one.

Hi Friends

<<My First post in the blog>>

Yesterday i have booked HT-S4505 in Hyderabad. The dealer has quoted me 35000/- initially and after bargain it has come down to 33000/-.

Product would deliver with in one week of time.

Can some one please suggest is the price OK for this product ?

Note: Dealer mentioned that i would not get any HDMI cables

Balu

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back