New model Onkyo HT-S4505

I demoed this at one of the Reliance Digital outlets last week. I can not say I 'loved' it, sound was acceptable for the most part. It was loud enough of course, and you could make out the surround at play, however for me the sound lacked information. They were playing a 2012 clip with all its madness. The explosions did not quite hit me, it felt a little cluttered and 'muddled' to my ears. The subwoofer was a disappointment for me.
This could very well be due to improper calibration, as normally the people at such outlets know very little about these products.

can we use it to listen to music as well as watching movies? although movie's the main priority for me and my dad, im confused between 4505 and yamaha 298 and can i use it for 2 years since im not replacing it with any new entrants for 2 years straight

4505 has 80 w powered sub woofer whereas 3400 and 3500 have 120 w (handling upto 130 w) sub woofer though it is passive. the difference in price is between 7000 to 10000 depending on where you live.
I had auditioned both 3400 and 3500 and found the sub to be very punchy and had enough volume and depth for an entry level system with passive sub. pl audition both system and decide whether there is so much difference in bass to warrant the huge difference in price. donot go by sales talk and decide by ur ears. u can spend the difference(add some amount) on a pair of bookshelves which any day would be better than the plastic fronts of onkyo.

4505 also has Audyssey 2EQ for Room Acoustic Correction,Audyssey Dynamic EQ for Loudness Correction,Audyssey Dynamic Volume to Maintain Optimal Listening Level and Dynamic Range.

Go for 4505. You at least get a choice of upgrading the speakers. As to the subwoofer. You can ask the showroom guy to replace that with a higher powered one and pay some extra bucks for it.

Go for 4505. You at least get a choice of upgrading the speakers. As to the subwoofer. You can ask the showroom guy to replace that with a higher powered one and pay some extra bucks for it.

can u suggest some high powered ones ? and also saw a sks speakers today and he quoted 50 k for the overall setup :confused: i didnt even go near it.

BTW not time to go Onkyo and some showrooms for HT, will be back in evening and let you know and sorry for hijacking the thread ;)

can u suggest some high powered ones ? and also saw a sks speakers today and he quoted 50 k for the overall setup :confused: i didnt even go near it.

BTW not time to go Onkyo and some showrooms for HT, will be back in evening and let you know and sorry for hijacking the thread ;)

What is your budget? I think that will help us in deciding on your HT.

What is your budget? I think that will help us in deciding on your HT.

the budget is 36 k max and today i went to onkya shop in MG road, and im satisfied with 4505, this is the first time im getting a HT and the sound clarity was awesome and also the person in charge was telling about noise, distortion which i dont have any idea and finally i liked 4505

the budget is 36 k max and today i went to onkya shop in MG road, and im satisfied with 4505, this is the first time im getting a HT and the sound clarity was awesome and also the person in charge was telling about noise, distortion which i dont have any idea and finally i liked 4505

Ok. If you like it. Go for it. And negotiate for a better deal. I think people have got 4505 at around 30k.

Also be aware of the fact that you could always go for separates. You can get 1713 for 32k and buy a set of bookshelfs for 10k. The sound quality will be even better. You can slowly add other speakers when budget permits. Think about it. Because you won't be investing on a HT every now and then.

Ok. If you like it. Go for it. And negotiate for a better deal. I think people have got 4505 at around 30k.

Also be aware of the fact that you could always go for separates. You can get 1713 for 32k and buy a set of bookshelfs for 10k. The sound quality will be even better. You can slowly add other speakers when budget permits. Think about it. Because you won't be investing on a HT every now and then.

I inquired at croma , ezone, next and all showroom and 4505 is not available so its only available at MG road, and the owner wont reduce the price :(

I inquired at croma , ezone, next and all showroom and 4505 is not available so its only available at MG road, and the owner wont reduce the price :(

There is one more showroom in Whitfield I think. One in domlur also. Last time I checked MG road, they said they dint have stock. Idiots. And person there was sleepy through the entire audition.

Thanks,

Did you take audition? how it fared in audition when compared to others?

Im planning to buy this one, so share your experience and it will help me :)

have a look at onkyo AVX 390. more powerful sub.I donot know the price

Onkyo India. pl hear yourself as all people donot have the same taste

Hello everyone,
I am a noob in this HTiB setup.
I recently purchased Onkyo HT-S 4505 & a LED TV with 4 HDMI ports(not ARC), analog a/v ports, head phone port, mini YPbPr, mini AV port.
i am not able to hear the sound from my airtel HD box through the onkyo system,
My connections are as follows
Airtel box (HDMI to CBL/SAT on Onkyo) ----> Onkyo reciever(HDMI out to TV) ----> LED TV(HDMI)
Are my connections wrong ? do i need to coonect additional cables?
Please help

Regards

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back