new ps3??

manu4panjab

hey brothers

i'm planning to buy new ps3 80 gb

but i heard one bad thing out it that it also get overheated and then totally dead and we don't have any repair for it here in india
has any experience the above mentioned prob or
is it true or just rumor

and what is the price of 80 gb version

Maybe what you heard is a rumour, i have the 80gb version myself.Hope that helps.

Give it some space at the back you should be fine. If your a very heavy gamer there are cooling kits available also.

Maybe what you heard is a rumour, i have the 80gb version myself.Hope that helps.

Give it some space at the back you should be fine. If your a very heavy gamer there are cooling kits available also.

since how long you have it and at what price you bought it

is there any price drop in coming months

I have a 80Gb Ps3 from last 1 year or so and it does not cause any heat related problems ,I bought it for 22k at that time from the Singapore.

hey brothers

i'm planning to buy new ps3 80 gb

but i heard one bad thing out it that it also get overheated and then totally dead and we don't have any repair for it here in india
has any experience the above mentioned prob or
is it true or just rumor

and what is the price of 80 gb version

manu where do you get these rumours - i really would like to see that website :lol:

anyway the my ps3 is workign pretty well for some time - my friends is over a year old - and he got it from the US when that model was even launched in India. And if something is brought in India from a valid sony dealership with bill and warranty - sony can be sued in consumer court if they cannot repair it.:indifferent14:

manu where do you get these rumours - i really would like to see that website :lol:

anyway the my ps3 is workign pretty well for some time - my friends is over a year old - and he got it from the US when that model was even launched in India. And if something is brought in India from a valid sony dealership with bill and warranty - sony can be sued in consumer court if they cannot repair it.:indifferent14:

no no its not in any website i have heard it here in my city from a video game shop which sell and repair all game console .he said me that i have sold three new ps3 but all of them dead even one of his customer's ps3 died only one week after he purchased it

Hi,
I have bought my ps3(80gb which has backward compatibility with ps2 games) from dubai about 18months back..after the next day i bought it here in India, it stopped reading discs..this was a common problem with 60gb and 80gb at those time..but i got it exchanged with a 60gb(which also have backward compatibility) within 3 days through my friend there..it gets heated but no way its a problem and i haven't experienced any problem during these time..i also use it to browse net and sometimes leave it working overnight..really sturdy performance..GO FOR IT!~!!!

RENJITH

Hi,
I have bought my ps3(80gb which has backward compatibility with ps2 games) from dubai about 18months back..after the next day i bought it here in India, it stopped reading discs..this was a common problem with 60gb and 80gb at those time..but i got it exchanged with a 60gb(which also have backward compatibility) within 3 days through my friend there..it gets heated but no way its a problem and i haven't experienced any problem during these time..i also use it to browse net and sometimes leave it working overnight..really sturdy performance..GO FOR IT!~!!!

RENJITH

bro you said it stopped reading disc so is there any problem now in newer models

The new 80GB PS3 available in India right now is the latest available model & its doesnt have any problem!

Since Sony doesnt have repairing center for PS3 in India, Sony India gives new replacement PS3 in case of any hardware failures/problems. I know this as recently one of my friend got it.

80GB PS3 (Killzone Bundle - Killzone 2 game is free) is available for around Rs.23500 (with Sony India warranty) here in Bangalore.

I was planning to get a PS3 from US but dropped the plan since the retailers with whom my cousin checked up mentioned a new model is being launched soon, they recommended him to hold on to the purchase....they also mentioned the new one will be launched at a reduced price.Not sure if Sony has officially released any news on this though.

First off , I will say this is still a RUMOUR but here is the news:

Sony plans to constrain availability of the 80GB PS3 in the next couple of months, leaving more 160GB models on store shelves. The idea is to then sell through a good amount of the 160GB model, leaving Sony ready to launch the PS3 Slim at a lower price point in the fall. No details were given on what that new price point will be.

Source: 1up.com

I believe they are even planning for slim version which might hit the shelves soon. Other than that,the currently available PS3s are fine and should operate fine when properly setup. You also have the MGS4,KZ2 bundle now for 400$ in the US now,i guess its at Best buy.

Vj

Back