New release vinyl

What's that? Please explain how to get these records?
Please contact with Koushik Gopinath, he is one of the promoters at 981937755. I also got his no. from this forum and have purchased all the three vinyls released by them. Quite great quality. They are a bit pricey too at 2150 apiece. You can check some threads where the FMs have given their impression regarding the Colonial Cousins pressing.

Please contact with Koushik Gopinath, he is one of the promoters at 981937755. I also got his no. from this forum and have purchased all the three vinyls released by them. Quite great quality. They are a bit pricey too at 2150 apiece. You can check some threads where the FMs have given their impression regarding the Colonial Cousins pressing.
@dillihifi the number seems incomplete. Can you put the right number?

Oh man I should have picked up Chandni today as I picked up some 18 LPs today and all previous old.pressing. if any of you looking for old collections let me know as I got to know about an uncle in Bangalore who has a shop.full of records in good condition properly.packed. he has collections of Rafi, Lata, Shammi, Amitabh, Rajesh khanna and all
Hello rajivaryan 1984 , your uncle contact details ?? please

Hello rajivaryan 1984 , your uncle contact details ?? please
Below are the details which I managed to get -
Mr. Ramesh Kukreja
Ph - 99007 07269
You can call/whatsapp Mr Ramesh and visit him at his shop in Unity Building, J.C Road

I am planning to visit sometime soon when time permits to take a look at the collection

Below are the details which I managed to get -
Mr. Ramesh Kukreja
Ph - 99007 07269
You can call/whatsapp Mr Ramesh and visit him at his shop in Unity Building, J.C Road

I am planning to visit sometime soon when time permits to take a look at the collection
Thank you

While surfing Amazon saw a new release entitled Together presented by Sony . Placed order and got it . This vinyl weighs 180 gms and spins at 33rpm. The vinyl is good with a nice stereo separation. Previously I bought a vinyl of the Hindi movie Sholay but was not satisfied. But this vinyl is better than what I bought previously. The vinyl records Tabla jugalbandi by ustad Allarakha and ustad Zakir Hussain. I had this in two different formats, cassette and CD but I prefer the vinyl. Actually for some days I had been searching for new vinyls , read about the new releases and even sent messages to our FMs. Sholay disappointed me and I think the EP of the same movie sounds better. But Together helps me to gather enthusiasm to buy some more newly pressed vinyls.
I don't have any connection with the Amazon . I am writing here for those who are yet to buy new vinyls.
I picked one on Amazon today and although this is only my 2nd LP I am truly amazed by the presentation. Does anyone know if the source is analog or digital master. Since it is pressed in 2018, one would guess it is digital, but just want to confirm.

Last edited:
Well you can try out Tangya Records. It is a venture into vinyl manufacturing by music aficionados and they have a few good ones with attention being paid to the quality, the mastering and the cover art. I have got all the three records i.e Colonial Cousins, Indian Ocean and Abida Parveen they have released and by far they are amongst the best out there.
Where can in ebuy them?

In fact as I understood Mr. Kaushik was in the process of releasing Kandisa by Indian Ocean , but that was prior to the lockdown and the world has suddenly become a different place altogether....

I picked one on Amazon today and although this is only my 2nd LP I am truly amazed by the presentation. Does anyone know if the source is analog or digital master. Since it is pressed in 2018, one would guess it is digital, but just want to confirm.
i think its digital mastering only

An update from Tanagya Records on the Indian Ocean album.

Dear friends

Just an update. Finally after 4 months of lockdown we have got the test press of Kandisa...Sounds Great!!!

Sending you all some videos....we have got tremendous response for the album and you would be amazed by the artwork which we shall release at a later stage. Incase you wish to prebook then pls message me on 9819537755. Kindly ignore if u have already placed your booking. Please note there is no payment required for pre booking.

Thanks
Team Tanagya

An update from Tanagya Records on the Indian Ocean album.

Dear friends

Just an update. Finally after 4 months of lockdown we have got the test press of Kandisa...Sounds Great!!!

Sending you all some videos....we have got tremendous response for the album and you would be amazed by the artwork which we shall release at a later stage. Incase you wish to prebook then pls message me on 9819537755. Kindly ignore if u have already placed your booking. Please note there is no payment required for pre booking.

Thanks
Team Tanagya
Thanks for sharing. This amazing album on vinyl at last! I regret I did not buy more than 1 copy of the CD when it was available.

Ya , as per Kaushik , the test pressing has come out great....

It seems that the vinyl release for Indian recordings i.e film music reissue or some infrequent classical releases have completely dried up. Sony DADC , T Series or Universal none are releasing anything new.
Only vinyl coming out are the ultra limited issues from the private houses.
So is this somewhere the end of the road for Indian music on vinyl ..... Any thoughts or insight..

Not just Indian releases. Imported rock, jazz, blues, classical is hardly available now either on Amazon or with Revolver Club. I wonder if it's the lockdown effect.

Oh man I should have picked up Chandni today as I picked up some 18 LPs today and all previous old.pressing. if any of you looking for old collections let me know as I got to know about an uncle in Bangalore who has a shop.full of records in good condition properly.packed. he has collections of Rafi, Lata, Shammi, Amitabh, Rajesh khanna and all
Contact no please

contact number plz

Got the latest release of Tangya Records. It is one of my most treasured album - Kandisa by Indian Ocean.

The cover art and the inner sleeve were just superb. Painstaking work has gone for a indian house to make a production with the attention on the minutest details. Thats what has drawn me to this niche company like like Tangya Records and Koushik Gopinath.

The LP was packed in a literally "bomb proof" packing and arrived safe and sound. The quality oozes out from the packing, Jacket and the LP. The LP feels nice to hold and I could not waste any time but straight away jumped to play the album.

I already have the the analog cassette of the same as well as a flac but the sound of the LP is really different it is of another level. The drums and strings have an unreal like feel to it. Really enjoying the same on my system. It is kind of mesmerizing.

Hope that if many ppl have not heard of them to give it a try. So far I have all the LPs they have released inluding Colonial Cousins, Indian Ocean and Abida Parveen.

Back