New release vinyl

Same is true of me. I have many audio cassettes and those were purchased during my school and college life bulldozing grocers. Sadly my Philips two in one became out of order so in future I shall buy a pre-owned cassette player. Just waiting for a vaccine.
Regards
Hi brother I have teac tape deck r you interested in buying ??

Oh man I should have picked up Chandni today as I picked up some 18 LPs today and all previous old.pressing. if any of you looking for old collections let me know as I got to know about an uncle in Bangalore who has a shop.full of records in good condition properly.packed. he has collections of Rafi, Lata, Shammi, Amitabh, Rajesh khanna and all
Contact details please

Kandisa looks like

Kandisa from the link looks like a very very good recording. Music is good too. I have Cassette. I literally dumped 100s of cassettes I owned But kept few for memories sake. Need to repair my two in one. My cassettes are in good condition but can not say same about tape inside unless heard.
View attachment 52591
Ignore the few hidden titles :p

Thanks for sharing Kandisa information everyone.
Best Regards.
Nice collection Hiten bhai. I am also looking for some cassette tapes.

Regards
Sachin

You can have them Sachin. However I would like to keep Dave Brubeck and Bill Haley as they would be for/in my Dad's memory (Dire Straits my nephew wants :(). The rest you can have them. Kindly tell.
Regards.

Last edited:
Thank you Hiten bhai. I will happily take them but only if you are not using them. I have a very nice Tandberg TCD 310 deck. I like listening cassettes on it.

Regards
Sachin

Update on Kandisa from Kaushik at Tanagya
------------
Hi friends,

There has been a postponement of a shipment which has now led to a release of around 10 to 12 kandisa for sale. Those interested may send me a message privately. We dont intend to repress this anytime soon as we would like to release other albums as well.
Contacted Koushik 2 days back regarding Kandisa. Got to know that it's already sold out. Asked him to count me in for the next repress of the album. Only two titles, Black Friday (by India Ocean) and Ibaadat (by Abida Parveen), were available. Ordered Ibaadat.

Latest update...they are doing another pressing of Kandisa
---------

Dear Friends,

In view of the tremendous response we have recieved for Indian Ocean kandisa which got sold out in 3 weeks we have decided to do a second pressing order for which has been already placed.

We expect the vinyls to be ready for shipment by April 2021. For those who have missed the earlier release can prebook the same by sending me a private message.

The vinyls shall be priced at 2150 including shipping in india.

Request you to kindly share this information with like minded vinyl enthusiasts/groups.

Regards
Team Tanagya

Latest update...they are doing another pressing of Kandisa
---------

Dear Friends,

In view of the tremendous response we have recieved for Indian Ocean kandisa which got sold out in 3 weeks we have decided to do a second pressing order for which has been already placed.

We expect the vinyls to be ready for shipment by April 2021. For those who have missed the earlier release can prebook the same by sending me a private message.

The vinyls shall be priced at 2150 including shipping in india.

Request you to kindly share this information with like minded vinyl enthusiasts/groups.

Regards
Team Tanagya
Got a message that Kandisa new pressing is available now.

As a rule of thumb, if the original recording is from digital era, the new released records are mostly very good. I found the 90's music on record to be very very enjoyable.
Repressings from analogue tape master era are not worth on new records, IMHO.
Roughly, we can take Dil Padosi Hain / Saajda as the beginning mark of the digital recording as far as hindi music is concerned.
Recordings before that should sound better on their older vinyl avatar.
I have records of 60’s and 70’s mostly HMV and others which will beat any modern day record made from digital recording. Pure analogue sound.

SKR,
Can you please explain how that relate to my post you have quoted?
Thanks
I expressed my views saying pure analogue records of olden days were extremely good sounding compared to modern days digital recordings.
if you don’t like please ignore my views. Sorry if hurt you in anyway.

I have records of 60’s and 70’s mostly HMV and others which will beat any modern day record made from digital recording. Pure analogue sound.
You’ve misunderstood the post you quoted.

It’s not saying that digital pressings of 90s records sound better than analog pressings of pre 90s records.

I expressed my views saying pure analogue records of olden days were extremely good sounding compared to modern days digital recordings.
if you don’t like please ignore my views. Sorry if hurt you in anyway.

I suspected so. I'll request you to re-read my post (and the previous posts by other members) once again & try to understand the context.
BTW, you are free to express your views and nobody is stopping you here. Just kindly do not quote others at random.

Regards

I suspected so. I'll request you to re-read my post (and the previous posts by other members) once again & try to understand the context.
BTW, you are free to express your views and nobody is stopping you here. Just kindly do not quote others at random.

Regards
My dear friend I was just expressing my views not contesting anything.
I thought music lovers are accommodating of others views rather than making a issue out of it.

You’ve misunderstood the post you quoted.

It’s not saying that digital pressings of 90s records sound better than analog pressings of pre 90s records.
Ok my fault. My apologies.

Artist - Bipul Chettri.
Album - Sketches of Darjeeling.
Genre - Nepali Contemporary Folk.
This is a 45 rpm 12 inch record

Attachments

• IMG-20210919-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20210919-WA0002.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG-20210919-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20210919-WA0003.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 57
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back