New release vinyl

Hi ,

I recently got ARR's Pukar . Honestly, not at all impressed by the sound quality . Moreover the LP had slight dings and pressing dents . Although the LP plays fine , but I will avoid playing this . Unfortunately in these Covid times , I cannot ship this back . Dil se, Yuva,Pukar have all been released by Ishtar records (previously Venus) .
Disappointed with Pukar , not sure if Dil Se and Yuva will be similar.
Any idea on the Master they are using ?
Ishtar is part of the European brand "Believe" which took over Venus and rebranded it Ishtar , although none of the above albums seems to be by them !

There is a Mumbai based turntable manufacturer i.e. actually an importer.

He had released Baazigar, Mohra & Dil se vinyls under his label "Suraine Records".

He claimed that he has acquired rights to release Venus owned soundtracks on vinyl.

Dunno exactly how it was arranged.

He claimed to have used original DATs as masters for his vinyls.

http://www.surainerecords.com/

He had released Baazigar, Mohra & Dil se vinyls under his label "Suraine Records".

He claimed that he has acquired rights to release Venus owned soundtracks on vinyl.

I cannot confirm what is used as masters but can confirm he has officially got the rights from owners of Venus

He is also a member of HFV. Request him to respond.

Dil Se sounds ok. Baazigar and Mohra sound terrible. I will never buy lps bought out by this guy.

Dil Se sounds ok. Baazigar and Mohra sound terrible. I will never buy lps bought out by this guy.
Prem, Which Dil Se pressing are you talking about. The one with White Colored Vinyl?
Which Has a picture of AR Rehman also on the front cover.

Mine is black vinyl. It only has Shahrukh and Manisha picture in the front. No Rahman

Well I got the Yuva Vinyl from Black Grove Music alongwith the Shujaat Khan & Enayet Hossain. The recording is I mean awesome. Especially I was surprised that the Shujaat Khan LPs sounded so good despite being 140gm LPs. The Yuva is 180gms and is great, literally I have no words this is miles better than the CD I have of the film.

The Shujaat Khan Double Album is a collector edition with a nice box holding the gatefold cover and the music really is mesmerizing. Feels my MC cartridge is finally delivering its value.

Well though I do not have any affiliations with the seller but would like to place on record the the awesome service and support which I have received and also the vinyl releases which they do as it seems to be done by audio enthusiasts rather than people only interested in the margins.

Will put up a detailed review later. Indian classical lovers should try this LP out.

Well I got the Yuva Vinyl from Black Grove Music alongwith the Shujaat Khan & Enayet Hossain. The recording is I mean awesome. Especially I was surprised that the Shujaat Khan LPs sounded so good despite being 140gm LPs. The Yuva is 180gms and is great, literally I have no words this is miles better than the CD I have of the film.

The Shujaat Khan Double Album is a collector edition with a nice box holding the gatefold cover and the music really is mesmerizing. Feels my MC cartridge is finally delivering its value.

Well though I do not have any affiliations with the seller but would like to place on record the the awesome service and support which I have received and also the vinyl releases which they do as it seems to be done by audio enthusiasts rather than people only interested in the margins.

Will put up a detailed review later. Indian classical lovers should try this LP out.
Koushik is fantastic guy and a true Audio lover, considering Shujaat Khan ji himself was involved with its release am not surprised on the quality !

yes I spoke to him as well regarding the Shujaat Khan record. Was tempted to buy , but had no reviews on the sound quality .. .But with this review, I will order it .

Yes Kaushik Gopinath has been very careful in selection of albums that can sound great on vinyl .I have every release of his since Colonial Cousins Unplugged and all are exceptional.
The artwork is equally great .But the mess has been caused by the other releases namely Saajan Pukar and rest ..... they were pre- booked with entire payment taken upfront in June 2021 and then were sold off within a day of release and then the supposed hoarders started demanding almost 5k a piece for them.

Instead of releasing so many Venus albums, a best of Nadeem Shravan would have been better. Or a best of Kumar Sanu. Or a best of Rahman. There are enough hit songs in the Venus repertoire to make these albums. Why would someone want to release Satya or for that matter Yuva. They were musically big flops.

Yes Kaushik Gopinath has been very careful in selection of albums that can sound great on vinyl .I have every release of his since Colonial Cousins Unplugged and all are exceptional.
The artwork is equally great .But the mess has been caused by the other releases namely Saajan Pukar and rest ..... they were pre- booked with entire payment taken upfront in June 2021 and then were sold off within a day of release and then the supposed hoarders started demanding almost 5k a piece for them.
Today morning I checked with a seller and he was asking 8K for "Dil Se ( ishtar release)" :)

Instead of releasing so many Venus albums, a best of Nadeem Shravan would have been better. Or a best of Kumar Sanu. Or a best of Rahman. There are enough hit songs in the Venus repertoire to make these albums. Why would someone want to release Satya or for that matter Yuva. They were musically big flops.
Actually this new release
No I think Avial was released by Prasad. Both he and prasad were associated once and now have gone their own separate ways. The contact for Koushik is 9819537755
Yes Avial is by Prasad and is sonically at par with the other releases from the stable....

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back