New release vinyl

How is the sound quality of Dil se And Humse Hai Muqabala and Saajan on Ishtar music released vinyl ?
I have Pukar by Ishtar , (not purchased through black market mafias , paid 1999 ) . I dint like the sound quality . The LP has dings. I have a basic TT , and I dint find the sound engrossing .
However, I came to know that Yuva which is also released by Ishtar has been done very well . I am not sure , how Dil se is .

BTW , I spoke to Blisstainment two days back and got to know that Dil Se restock will happen in March !!

Thanks by the way what are the prices?
You can check Avial prices here. 2.5K :- https://tanagyarecords.com/store

Spoke to Koushik about the phenomenal response for Yuva. Though it has been released by Ishtaar and Blisstainment, the entire mastering, artwork has been done by black groove music with the right to act as sole selling agents. Hence all the money has been invested for Yuva and Satya by Black groove YUVA has been mastered by Wim Bult from Inline mastering, Netherlands and Satya is by Wim Bult and Christian Montano from Toronto. Both these engineers have worked with leading musicians worldwide.

I think this has made a lot of difference but unfortunately this release is compared with other Ishtaar albums which is disappointing.

How do new record lable companies procure licence for old Hindi films music ? Isn't that expensive ? If raw unequalized original master format is saved I think 80s/90s indian pop music (Mohit Chauhan etc. were quite popular) would be a interesting vinyl to be produced for young generation. Re-mastering by professionals for vinyl format and being pop music, having 45 rpm will also be added attraction.
Regards.

How do new record lable companies procure licence for old Hindi films music ? Isn't that expensive ? If raw unequalized original master format is saved I think 80s/90s indian pop music (Mohit Chauhan etc. were quite popular) would be a interesting vinyl to be produced for young generation. Re-mastering by professionals for vinyl format and being pop music, having 45 rpm will also be added attraction.
Regards.
Sir re mastering for vinyl in india yet to gain momentum . Sadly all have been mastered digitally .

Sir re mastering for vinyl in india yet to gain momentum . Sadly all have been mastered digitally .
bro, you can call me Hiten.
I understand digital masters. But I think mastering for vinyl is different so most music is processed for digital cd format. If company has unprocessed archieves (raw format) it can be mastered for vinyl as well as reworked by engineers to sound good.

I have Pukar by Ishtar , (not purchased through black market mafias , paid 1999 ) . I dint like the sound quality . The LP has dings. I have a basic TT , and I dint find the sound engrossing .
However, I came to know that Yuva which is also released by Ishtar has been done very well . I am not sure , how Dil se is .

BTW , I spoke to Blisstainment two days back and got to know that Dil Se restock will happen in March !!

You can check Avial prices here. 2.5K :- https://tanagyarecords.com/store
Yuva LP was released by Koushik. Hence it seems adequate care was taken in remastering. Based on the info I have received, the other albums like Saajan, Pukar, Humse Hai Muqabala & Dilwale were released by a bunch of unscrupulous re-sellers & their sole aim was to make as much profit as possible rather than quality of the sound. They have only released these LPs & in turn they are creating an artificial shortage in the market by declaring these LPs as sold out. Last week I saw one of them trying to sell the entire set at 20K in Facebook. These black marketers will destroy the LP market for sure.

Different genre but for those who are interested, Bangalore's GATC has put out their LP - HAIL TO THE HEROES on Frontier Records (USA). They've signed a multi-record deal with Frontier (who has incidentally released the latest GIANT record, SHIFTING TIME as well).
Available on Amazon

Different genre but for those who are interested, Bangalore's GATC has put out their LP - HAIL TO THE HEROES on Frontier Records (USA). They've signed a multi-record deal with Frontier (who has incidentally released the latest GIANT record, SHIFTING TIME as well).
Available on Amazon

Thanks ....

That's going to be really great, although i did notice the less amount of tape in the cassette. The album is around 40 minutes in total and the EMI cassette which I had in the 80s seemed to have a lot more tape inside (obviously thicker tape).

Was browsing through the Black groove site.

Could spot some new releases by Black Groove Music

soulmate - best of soulmate
the famous blues band from shillong.

fareed ayaz and abu muhammad qawaals live in concert.

satya
for the first time ever on vinyl. Includes the oustanding background score.

This is some serious scam going on where the lps have been sold off within a day of release and one shady dealer quoting 5k a piece.... sad how these unscrupulous practices are ruining the music release business or whatever is left of it in our country ....
I agree, when I called up this dealer, he was quoting 4K per LP, MRP of these records are Rs 1,999... People want to make quick money by hook or by crook
Now they are taking advantage of newly built LP market, just use CD to make LPs (make worse by so called mastering, boosting bass, treble) and release on coloured LPs. People invest few lacs on manufacturing and get it around/under 1K (remember couple of years ago LPs used to release at 699/-, 850/- then 1250/- and so one) and don't know why people pay premium for 12 inches colored CDs (just to show off?). I was quoted by a black marketer 8k for recently released white color DIL SE and 15k for earlier black edition.:eek: (manufacturing cost is less) 1999/- MRP asking price 8K. 400%-800% profit.... :oops:

Now they are taking advantage of newly built LP market, just use CD to make LPs (make worse by so called mastering, boosting bass, treble) and release on coloured LPs. People invest few lacs on manufacturing and get it around/under 1K (remember couple of years ago LPs used to release at 699/-, 850/- then 1250/- and so one) and don't know why people pay premium for 12 inches colored CDs (just to show off?). I was quoted by a black marketer 8k for recently released white color DIL SE and 15k for earlier black edition.:eek: (manufacturing cost is less) 1999/- MRP asking price 8K. 400%-800% profit.... :oops:
Total Scam

Just saw on black groove Instagram that they have released Rama Sreerama by Mandolin U Srinivas

The short video also has the record playing and music seems to be good

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back