New release vinyl

I am sure many of you would have received notification that along with DOR , Bhoomi ost has also released on black groove records

They sound exactly like a digital source.... sad but true....
It’s a digital recording and mastering. What did you expect?:)

To make matters worse these films were from early 90s where digital recordings of many Bollywood titles were not upto the mark.

Have the Jagjit - In search. Beats the Imported CD of this wonderful title hands down when paired with a good Phono. Dont know how that works but i was surprised by the natural and open sound of the In Search Vinyl.

My advice is to buy this title at listed MRP before it goes off the shelf.

PS:
Prem, i think you should get this title and give a feedback after listening on your state of the art vinyl rig.

Harry123456, I was referring to only Bollywood releases of early 90s. They are digital recordings and most of them don’t sound great. The Wall mentioned source is digital but that it will be. It cannot be an analogue source. Ghazal albums were better recorded and mastered.

Harry123456, I was referring to only Bollywood releases of early 90s. They are digital recordings and most of them don’t sound great. The Wall mentioned source is digital but that it will be. It cannot be an analogue source. Ghazal albums were better recorded and mastered.
I was only talking about the specific Jagjit title. Do you have it with you? If you do then a feedback from you would be great for the benefit of others.

Harry123456, I don’t like this title too much. So didn’t buy it. I like his titles from late 70s to mid 80s. I like his two collaborations with Gulzar in the 90s.

Hi Prem , true expectations were not high but I believe in the entire process no effort was made to get them to sound analogue. A strange practice has arisen where these titles are arguably produced in very low quantities and an artificial scarcity is created to jack up prices. A bunch of unscrupulous individuals seem to be part of this and somehow ruining the overall experience...

I completely agree with you on this artificial shortage being created. I have not been impressed with any of Venus new vinyl releases. They all sound quite bad. Dil se is the only decent one.

I have re-entered the vinyl arena last week after a gap of 30+ years, and Prem has been giving me a lot of inputs and tips. 🙂 Got a lovely used turntable from an FM, who listed it for sale in our Classifieds -- went and personally picked it up from his place in Chennai, packed it with his help and brought it back with me. Outstanding and flawless TT, as far as I can see.

I bought the vinyl of "Piya Basanti" from Amazon, and the sound seems outstanding. I'm sure it's mastered using digital equipment. I had bought the CD perhaps 20 years ago when it was first released. I doubt any vinyl released in the 21st century has been recorded, mixed and mastered using a 100% analog chain, other than a small handful from audiophile labels. Nevertheless, I found the sound really excellent.

The FM who sold me his TT (God knows why he did so, I saw that he's a vinyl lover and has a few hundred LPs, all extremely well maintained) also sold me a box set of ABBA studio albums. ABBA's record label had released this box set of eight studio albums sometime around 2010, all remastered. I found the sound of those too to be outstanding.

(I did not listen on speakers, but using ER4 IEMs. I set up the TT to feed a phono preamp, which fed a dedicated headphone amp, which drove the IEM. I usually find that good neutral IEMs like Etymotics are better than most speakers at letting me see into the quality of the reproduction, because the eliminate the room and because really neutral speakers are very, very hard to design, and very neutral power amps too are hard to design.)

Since this thread seems to be discussing vinyl we have found and liked, I thought I'll post this here.

I have re-entered the vinyl arena last week after a gap of 30+ years, and Prem has been giving me a lot of inputs and tips. 🙂 Got a lovely used turntable from an FM, who listed it for sale in our Classifieds -- went and personally picked it up from his place in Chennai, packed it with his help and brought it back with me. Outstanding and flawless TT, as far as I can see.

I bought the vinyl of "Piya Basanti" from Amazon, and the sound seems outstanding. I'm sure it's mastered using digital equipment. I had bought the CD perhaps 20 years ago when it was first released. I doubt any vinyl released in the 21st century has been recorded, mixed and mastered using a 100% analog chain, other than a small handful from audiophile labels. Nevertheless, I found the sound really excellent.

The FM who sold me his TT (God knows why he did so, I saw that he's a vinyl lover and has a few hundred LPs, all extremely well maintained) also sold me a box set of ABBA studio albums. ABBA's record label had released this box set of eight studio albums sometime around 2010, all remastered. I found the sound of those too to be outstanding.

(I did not listen on speakers, but using ER4 IEMs. I set up the TT to feed a phono preamp, which fed a dedicated headphone amp, which drove the IEM. I usually find that good neutral IEMs like Etymotics are better than most speakers at letting me see into the quality of the reproduction, because the eliminate the room and because really neutral speakers are very, very hard to design, and very neutral power amps too are hard to design.)

Since this thread seems to be discussing vinyl we have found and liked, I thought I'll post this here.
You R soo lucky man sir

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back