New release vinyl

Got the latest release of Tangya Records. It is one of my most treasured album - Kandisa by Indian Ocean.

The cover art and the inner sleeve were just superb. Painstaking work has gone for a indian house to make a production with the attention on the minutest details. Thats what has drawn me to this niche company like like Tangya Records and Koushik Gopinath.

The LP was packed in a literally "bomb proof" packing and arrived safe and sound. The quality oozes out from the packing, Jacket and the LP. The LP feels nice to hold and I could not waste any time but straight away jumped to play the album.

I already have the the analog cassette of the same as well as a flac but the sound of the LP is really different it is of another level. The drums and strings have an unreal like feel to it. Really enjoying the same on my system. It is kind of mesmerizing.

Hope that if many ppl have not heard of them to give it a try. So far I have all the LPs they have released inluding Colonial Cousins, Indian Ocean and Abida Parveen.
Is there any way to obtain a copy of this title?

Contact please?
Thank god... could you please share his contact.

Oh man I should have picked up Chandni today as I picked up some 18 LPs today and all previous old.pressing. if any of you looking for old collections let me know as I got to know about an uncle in Bangalore who has a shop.full of records in good condition properly.packed. he has collections of Rafi, Lata, Shammi, Amitabh, Rajesh khanna and all
Hi, could you please share his contact details. Thanks in advance. My number: 9900108896

Message received this morning from Tanagya mentions that Kandisa is sold out and they have a few remaining for Black Friday OST and Abida Parveen.

Their next release is Excellence on Sitar by Shujaat Khan which can be pre-booked by messaging on the 9819537755.

In case it helps anyone out there, I spoke to Mr. Kaushik of Tanagya Records today due to my interest in obtaining a copy of Kandisa. I understood that they ordered 200 copies in the first run, which got sold out in mere 2 weeks!! Since I was super interested in a copy and so did I see a few more folks on this thread apparently wanting a copy, I believed, Kaushik would have already received a ton of orders to get the next batch of pressings in. However, this is what I learned: officially he has only 10 people who have expressed serious interest to get this title. However, he mentioned that for the second run of pressings to be financially viable for him, he needs at least a 100 copies to be pre-ordered.

So I say to all those who really want a copy of Kandisa to urgently contact Kaushik and place their order. The sooner the orders hit 100, the sooner we get our copies!!

I don't have any financial interests in this project, in fact, I spoke to Kaushik for the first time today..................

Cheers
Kartick

Is there any sample song out there on YouTube or Apple Music ? I need to give a listen before making a decision.

The Album by name "Kandisa" of the group Indian Ocean is available both on Spotify as well as on Apple Music in case you want to give it a listen.
YouTube link for the same -
I own a CD of the same and all the songs are enjoyable.

Last edited:
Is there any sample song out there on YouTube or Apple Music ? I need to give a listen before making a decision.
Album is released years ago. So surely has to be on either Spotify or Apple music or maybe both

Update on Kandisa from Kaushik at Tanagya
------------
Hi friends,

There has been a postponement of a shipment which has now led to a release of around 10 to 12 kandisa for sale. Those interested may send me a message privately. We dont intend to repress this anytime soon as we would like to release other albums as well.

Cheers

Kandisa looks like
The Album by name "Kandisa" of the group Indian Ocean is available both on Spotify as well as on Apple Music in case you want to give it a listen.
<snip>
I own a CD of the same and all the songs are enjoyable.
Kandisa from the link looks like a very very good recording. Music is good too. I have Cassette. I literally dumped 100s of cassettes I owned But kept few for memories sake. Need to repair my two in one. My cassettes are in good condition but can not say same about tape inside unless heard.
cassettes.jpg
Ignore the few hidden titles :p

Thanks for sharing Kandisa information everyone.
Best Regards.

Last edited:
Kandisa looks like

Kandisa from the link looks like a very very good recording. Music is good too. I have Cassette. I literally dumped 100s of cassettes I owned But kept few for memories sake. Need to repair my two in one. My cassettes are in good condition but can not say same about tape inside unless heard.
View attachment 52591

Best Regards.
Same is true of me. I have many audio cassettes and those were purchased during my school and college life bulldozing grocers. Sadly my Philips two in one became out of order so in future I shall buy a pre-owned cassette player. Just waiting for a vaccine.
Regards

Same is true of me. I have many audio cassettes and those were purchased during my school and college life bulldozing grocers. Sadly my Philips two in one became out of order so in future I shall buy a pre-owned cassette player. Just waiting for a vaccine.
Regards
I'm also in the same boat. My school time collection is gathering dust. Many of that music is not available in the same quality in streaming. I did get a few nice offers for a tape deck on this forum but none were from Hyderabad.

While surfing Amazon saw a new release entitled Together presented by Sony . Placed order and got it . This vinyl weighs 180 gms and spins at 33rpm. The vinyl is good with a nice stereo separation. Previously I bought a vinyl of the Hindi movie Sholay but was not satisfied. But this vinyl is better than what I bought previously. The vinyl records Tabla jugalbandi by ustad Allarakha and ustad Zakir Hussain. I had this in two different formats, cassette and CD but I prefer the vinyl. Actually for some days I had been searching for new vinyls , read about the new releases and even sent messages to our FMs. Sholay disappointed me and I think the EP of the same movie sounds better. But Together helps me to gather enthusiasm to buy some more newly pressed vinyls.
I don't have any connection with the Amazon . I am writing here for those who are yet to buy new vinyls.
Oh man I should have picked up Chandni today as I picked up some 18 LPs today and all previous old.pressing. if any of you looking for old collections let me know as I got to know about an uncle in Bangalore who has a shop.full of records in good condition properly.packed. he has collections of Rafi, Lata, Shammi, Amitabh, Rajesh khanna and all
Contact no pls

Indian Oceans guys created different type on fusion. After sad demise of Asheem Chakraborty band just lost its glory.
He had amazing vocals and played tabla along with it. Susmit Sens guiter is out of this world. He started his solo performance. Treat to ears.
Indian Oceans songs are out of this world.
1. Bhor from Jhini
2. Jhini tittle song.

Black Friday ost.

Enjoy the music.

Regards

I'm also in the same boat. My school time collection is gathering dust. Many of that music is not available in the same quality in streaming. I did get a few nice offers for a tape deck on this forum but none were from Hyderabad.
i have an akai gx 95 for sale in forum have a look at it

Kandisa looks like

View attachment 52591

Best Regards.
Some real gems out there :)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back