New Setup: Thiel 1.6, MF A1008, Marantz CPD5001

Nice Equipments.
I will not dare to listen to these kind of divine setups.
then i can not tolerate my setup..
Eventually become a victim to upgrade bug .
congrats.

Congrats Divakar,

The rack has a mesmerising offwhite finish and matches quite well with the colour of the amp. Please write a few lines on the sound signature.

@heliumflight I will do that after a few days, still playing around with the positioning and also breaking them in. Thanks much

Hey Divakar,

Any reason for not installing the plinths?
I did it first thing out of box. :D
Did you try them and remove or din't try atall?

Await my setup pics. ;)

@Blasto, they didn't include any plinths with my speakers. I only had spikes and those are meant for carpeted floor. Mine is a cement floor. On spikes, it also makes them less stable if bumped and I do have a 2-year old who loves to run around.

@Blasto, they didn't include any plinths with my speakers. I only had spikes and those are meant for carpeted floor. Mine is a cement floor. On spikes, it also makes them less stable if bumped and I do have a 2-year old who loves to run around.

Sorry I meant spikes only.. Isn't it supposed to make the speakers more stable?
I have a 2 yr old too..

You need spike shoes like this: Sound Foundations - Accessories

In the meantime, fix the spikes and use 1 or 2 rupee coins as spike shoes so that they don't puncture your floor. You should hear better sound (especially tighter bass, though other parts of the audio spectrum will also improve) with spikes on.

And congrats on the beautiful setup!

@jls001, thanks for the write-up and your suggestion. I think I have some rubber spike shoes that I could use, not sure if they would fit the large spikes that came with the Thiels. Will try.

@Blasto, I imagine that the speakers standing on a larger surface are more stable compared to sitting on a small surface (spikes).

@jls001, thanks for the write-up and your suggestion. I think I have some rubber spike shoes that I could use, not sure if they would fit the large spikes that came with the Thiels. Will try.

@Blasto, I imagine that the speakers standing on a larger surface are more stable compared to sitting on a small surface (spikes).

The idea behind spikes: the pointed end transmits vibrations from speaker to floor, BUT doesn't allow transmission of vibration back to speakers. To consider a thermodynamics analogy, the floor is an infinite (and theoretically perfect) sink (for the vibration). It is like a diode or valve - signal travels one way. It is a form of isolation.

If spike has larger contact area, then there is more chance of some reverse transmission. But in case of rubber or elastomer isolation feet that themselves act as vibration absorbers, larger contact area would be desirable.

Stability: your spike must be having threads and will allow you to adjust height. You need to spend 4-5 mins to adjust heights of all individual spikes so that you get a stable speaker. Ideally one should complete full speaker setup (distance from side and front walls, and toe in) and then fix the spikes as the last step after determining the best speaker placement. This is to prevent unsightly scratches on the floor or carpet. I normally move my speakers around with spikes resting on respective feet/shoes.

Blasto, setup is looking super! The dark cherry matches perfectly. I don't see the A5.5, is it held still because of the remote?

@Divakar - My musichall is driving the thiels perfectly.
I already know the sound signature.
It is 50w@8Ohm and 100w@4Ohm.. Surprising I would say.. Considering M3i struggled..
Its singing as I write.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back