New Setup: Thiel 1.6, MF A1008, Marantz CPD5001

@Divakar - My musichall is driving the thiels perfectly.
I already know the sound signature.
It is 50w@8Ohm and 100w@4Ohm.. Surprising I would say.. Considering M3i struggled..
Its singing as I write.

@Blasto, as you know better than anyone, it is only the side by side comparison that reveal the difference :) When I first heard the M3i drive the Thiels I thought they were sounding great especially compared to the Quads. Then when I had the A1008 hooked up all the flaws of the M3i became apparent. Not really flaws as much as what was lacking. I bet when you do this exercise with the A5.5 it will be apparent :)

@Blasto, as you know better than anyone, it is only the side by side comparison that reveal the difference :) When I first heard the M3i drive the Thiels I thought they were sounding great especially compared to the Quads. Then when I had the A1008 hooked up all the flaws of the M3i became apparent. Not really flaws as much as what was lacking. I bet when you do this exercise with the A5.5 it will be apparent :)

I guess so.. Will update here once I get hold of the A5.5..
So, it is probably not a matter of driving.. A1008/A5.5 probably showed their superiority then..

Signature and soundstage is completely different but it is driving the speakers fine..

Hi awesome setup by both blasto and divakar. Just wanted to ask. Slightly ot...:p That amp is 50wrms continous. But what about the dynamic power rating? Does it go very loud?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Divakar and Blasto excellent set up - haven't heard the Thiels but if I ever come over to Hyderabad I would love to drop in to check your set ups - Congratulations

great Setup ... and an excellent buy Divakar. would really like to check out your setup I v also PMed you. Would really appreciate it :)

How many people here have thiel 1.6?

Blasto
anm
Diwakar
srini

Anyone else?
BLASTO, Diwakar - have you guys listened to each others' setups as yet? compared amps as yet?

Srini - are you changing/ have changed your amp after listening to luxman?

I am having trouble with the center speaker - I think it is faulty. I thought there were some issues but Danny listened and said it was fine, so I took it. However, it is not sounding correct - hard to describe in words, but I can hear it. Jalal and Danny have not yet responded to my help cries.

I was finding them quite bright with the AVR. Then I tried with lyrita pre+nad as power, but not much improvement.
I also got to try it with DHT integrated amp in my home, and it sounded much much better. But thiels need lot of power, and they draw lot of current, so I am not sure if lyrita amp is the right match for 1.6, but I liked what I heard.
Then I disconnected from pre amp, and tried directly with NAD as integrated and connecting CDP analog to amp. It is still sounding much better. Maybe they have crossed a burn-in threshold. Will switch back to lyrita pre if I get some time in next few days.

@anm Blasto and I have nearly the same amp driving the Thiel 1.6. He has a MF A5.5 and I have a MF A1008, the power ratings are similar. I suspect the major diffferences between our set-ups would be due to room acoustics. Although the Thiel 1.6 is rated as efficient it tends to shine with high-power/high-current amps.

How many people here have thiel 1.6?

Blasto
anm
Diwakar
srini

Anyone else?
BLASTO, Diwakar - have you guys listened to each others' setups as yet? compared amps as yet?

Srini - are you changing/ have changed your amp after listening to luxman?

Anm,
not yet changed, busy with official job for past few weeks, side by side following some amps which were available in Chennai for demo and yet to get it.

Presently running with my Creek Evo and happy as of now for time being till the amps were demoed.

Got one offer for M6i integrated, yet to PM blasto for his opinion since he has heard that combo(have you blasto?)

Regards

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back