New speaker build - Altec/Onken

Have you looked at Jean Micheal's LeCleach variations to the Iwata horn? Looks very interesting. The Iwata horn should give better dispersion.

Le blog de audiobricolos

Regards
Rajiv

Those are gorgeous designs. may be better than those "Elliptical Oblate Spheroids", I read somewhere that Jean Micheal had shared a spreadsheet for these but could not find it. Probably we need CAD/CNC for fabricating these.

These guys are selling something similar but very expensive : Auto-Tech horns DIY Sound Group

Last edited:
... Appreciate if you can share more info/link on the system in the first pic? The Altec 805 horns have a cutoff of 500 Hz. So curious to know which driver is playing the upper bass and lower mids. Also what supertweeter ?

Here is the link : Curious about horn sub - diyAudio

another - Jean Michel on LeCleac'h horns - Page 9 - diyAudio

This implementation looks gorgeous.
floor_horn.jpg

Kaushik,
Thanks. The recone kits are purchased from Great Plains Audio who make them as per original specs using original tooling. Check their website for your requirements.
Cheers.

GPA does not makes cones, coils, spiders etc. They are not parts manufacturer. The source parts from individual manufacturer to sell aftermarket recone kits. Since they order in bulk, their cones are stamped with GPA parts number. They specialize particularly in vintage parts for Altec speakers. They are not a single source to other vintage speakers parts ...... JBL, TAD, TANNOY, KUSTOM, CELESTION, WARFEDALE, GOODMANS & others....
Vivek

GPA does not makes cones, coils, spiders etc. They are not parts manufacturer. The source parts from individual manufacturer to sell aftermarket recone kits. Since they order in bulk, their cones are stamped with GPA parts number. They specialize particularly in vintage parts for Altec speakers. They are not a single source to other vintage speakers parts ...... JBL, TAD, TANNOY, KUSTOM, CELESTION, WARFEDALE, GOODMANS & others....
Vivek

I don't know why you are assuming that I said that GPA sells kits for every brand. I never said that. I know they are the most authentic source for Altecs kits, contrary to whatever people may claim....

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back