New speakers on way. From Rethm to Tekton

Hi Sathtom

Speaker cost is USD 6500. This is direct purchase from the manufacturer. Tekton sells direct to its customers. It does not have a dealer network.

I guess shipping and customs will be another USD 4000. So thats a total of USD 10500

Hi Sathtom

Speaker cost is USD 6500. This is direct purchase from the manufacturer. Tekton sells direct to its customers. It does not have a dealer network.

I guess shipping and customs will be another USD 4000. So thats a total of USD 10500
Hi Prem,
Thanks for the information. I am looking to setup HT for my new Home (need to start from scratch). I like Klipsch 280FA FS and this Tekton Double Impact FS. I am sure you will get best audio experience with this DI beast.

Cheers.[emoji4]

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Hi Sathtom, for HT purposes the normal DI should be fine. That costs USD 3000. Even the upgraded version for USD 3300 is probably not needed

Congratulations on the new speakers Prem! There are some very interesting reviews and discussions about these speakers on audiogon and other forums - though more on the DI than the DI SE that you have purchased. I am quite intrigued by how the designer has managed to achieve a high sensitivity in-spite of using multiple drivers.

Do let us know how it sounds once you get them.

best,
apk

I have done simulation using 3.5" full range drivers and each additional driver increased sensitivity by + 3dB though I did not built them for testing. Actual built may differ due to cancellation also at certain frequency.

Damn Prem!
You are forcing me too much for a visit to your place.

Invite me............ASAspeakers start singing.

I'll take or be taken by Hari for the joy of listening music.

The Tekton DI SE has been shipped. So hopefully will be home in a couple of weeks

Hi Tchen, the above is a review for Tekton DI. Mine is Tekton DI SE. The drivers are different. There is no official review available for DI SE as of now

Speakers set up today. Took just one day to clear the consignment at the customs. They arrived on Thursday morning at the airport. Customs was cleared and arrived home on Friday morning itself. When all paperwork is in place, customs clearance is a breeze now.

Immediate impressions are very very good. There are more similarities to Rethm than differences.

Very coherent. Am really surprised that 22 drivers disappear so easily. Surprisingly as fast if not faster than Rethm. Very alive sounding.

Recommended burn in is 100 hrs.

Hi Prem
Congrats again
Some pictures please if you don't mind ;)

Will post pictures only once set up. Right now I have just placed them and got them playing. Once I get in about 20 odd hours, will work on placement.

Back