New to forum - please help me!

highfalootin73

Hi All,

I'm new to this community, and am glad to be a part of it. I have joined because I have a very persistent issue that has been confounding me for awhile now. I desperately need help diagnosing the cause!

I have a vintage hi-fi set that now consists of a Marantz SR4000 receiver, a Bang and Olufsen Beogram TX turntable and early 70's Sansui SP 1500 speakers. My problem is that in stereo mode only, output to one of my speakers occasionally sounds muted and/or has intermittent crackling. The real issue is that I have already replaced almost all of my components and the issue still persists.

Here are some more details:
  • problem doesn't occur with an ipod in aux mode
  • problem doesn't occur w/ phono in mono mode
  • some records in stereo sound great all the way through
  • other records in stereo sound great for a few songs before the problem starts
  • I replaced my turntable and my receiver already
  • I replaced my speaker cables
  • I have tried running my speakers through the secondary speaker inputs
  • I have tried running my turntable through the tape inputs

None of these fixes has solved the problem.

I am at my wits end. Any suggestions? http://www.hifivision.com/images/smilies/sad.gif

Hi All,

I'm new to this community, and am glad to be a part of it. I have joined because I have a very persistent issue that has been confounding me for awhile now. I desperately need help diagnosing the cause!

I have a vintage hi-fi set that now consists of a Marantz SR4000 receiver, a Bang and Olufsen Beogram TX turntable and early 70's Sansui SP 1500 speakers. My problem is that in stereo mode only, output to one of my speakers occasionally sounds muted and/or has intermittent crackling. The real issue is that I have already replaced almost all of my components and the issue still persists.

Here are some more details:
  • problem doesn't occur with an ipod in aux mode
  • problem doesn't occur w/ phono in mono mode
  • some records in stereo sound great all the way through
  • other records in stereo sound great for a few songs before the problem starts
  • I replaced my turntable and my receiver already
  • I replaced my speaker cables
  • I have tried running my speakers through the secondary speaker inputs
  • I have tried running my turntable through the tape inputs

None of these fixes has solved the problem.

I am at my wits end. Any suggestions? http://www.hifivision.com/images/smilies/sad.gif

I had a similar issue when i had Marantz SR 5200 Receiver... When running the AVR in stereo mode, only one side was working while the other remained with low volume & went dead in few days...

I took it to the service center, they replaced a small capacitor (Blue colour) & the issue never came back...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back