New to this HT entering now

psurip

Hi,

This is my first post so don't rag me :)

Iam planning to buy my first Home theater system and confused of what to buy . I have Sony 32" TV and my space area is 20 X 10 rectangular. First i thought of the Sony Ht systems and its around 25K. When i saw your forum i thought of getting your GURS's Advise. I hear Onkyo / Yahama / Pioneer all these are AV receivers iam not much techi guy...so guide me what i shld by and iam expecting 5.1 and my requirements are,
1.DVD/VCD/MP3 Player,
2.USB connection where i can connect my ext hard disk and play movies (i heard USB players will play only MPEG formats not AVI or MKV :( just help me in this also
3. FM/AM
4.HDMI for connecting my Lapi (now i use VGA cable to connect my TV)
and i use my headphone socket to connect my creative speakers but its only 2.1 i can get.

I know iam asking soo much plz help.

Hi,

This is my first post so don't rag me :)

Iam planning to buy my first Home theater system and confused of what to buy . I have Sony 32" TV and my space area is 20 X 10 rectangular. First i thought of the Sony Ht systems and its around 25K. When i saw your forum i thought of getting your GURS's Advise. I hear Onkyo / Yahama / Pioneer all these are AV receivers iam not much techi guy...so guide me what i shld by and iam expecting 5.1 and my requirements are,
1.DVD/VCD/MP3 Player,
2.USB connection where i can connect my ext hard disk and play movies (i heard USB players will play only MPEG formats not AVI or MKV :( just help me in this also
3. FM/AM
4.HDMI for connecting my Lapi (now i use VGA cable to connect my TV)
and i use my headphone socket to connect my creative speakers but its only 2.1 i can get.

I know iam asking soo much plz help.

Well,1st post shld be @ intro section.
You need to tell the Budget.

1.DVDp cant play mkv,so DVDp with usb can be pioneer 422 for Rs5k aprox for Divx,Vob..
If you go for all in one solution,then go for WD media player2 which plays mkv & rest formats from ext-HDD.

2.If you buy Htib from Onk like 3200(25K) you get inbuilt FM/AM receiver.
3.Laptop can be config as 5.1ch out,check if your laptop can.

Back