New Transmission Line BS speakers using Dayton Drivers

Looking good. I missed the opportunity to listen to them , now i am regretting it even more.
would love to see what your impressions are after some time. Enjoy.

Image of the simple first order crossover using just 11 components ( 2 filter and rest response shaping). The crossover has tolerance less than 0.5% between both channels and has been precisely hand matched by me for having zero phase shift and phase distortion.

16hu5y1.jpg

Sorry about the multiple Q's in multiple posts:

I notice that you bypassed the caps too. What formula do you use for the values of the bypass caps? What differences do you find by implementing the bypass caps?

Its not a by-pass capacitor though its value is very low. Its used to get the value of the capacitor very accurate as per my design. I have done experiments with my crossover designs that even a few fraction of difference in the values of capacitors / resistors / inductance causes a huge difference in filter phase , phase linearity and phase distortion. These caps / resist are used in series / parallel combination to prevent exactly that.

I have also noted that capacitors are always above or below the state values at least by 10% and hence needs to be measured and corrected before use. You will require to do this only if you have overall taken care of your design well else this will anyway not matter.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back