New value for money SB acoustics design from Troels Gravesen

Vineethkumar01

Hi all,
Troels Gravesen has released a new3 driver speaker here:
The SB acoustics drivers used in this are available at reasonable costs in India.
Feels like a good value for money 3 driver speaker system.. :)

Note: I have not heard any of Troels's speakers and have no idea what they will sound like.
I also do not know anything about different price-tier crossovers (with superior caps and inductors etc) for the same driver configuration.
I just found this as an interesting value for money configuration of drivers. Hence sharing :)

Thanks
Vineeth

A Bangalore FM has built one of Troels Gravesen speaker designs.
I think entire kit was purchased from US and enclosure built by @sadik
Yeah.. I have seen that thread in the past.. :)
It was a transmission line design built to perfection by sadik.. :)
I think the shipping guys made some mess but I think it all ended well with owner finding the speakers meeting his expectations.. :)

Friends ,
Came across article about Troels loudspeakers kits,I was looking at the option from Troels kits for LCR surround speakers,can anyone suggest a link to a person who can assemble these kits with wooden flat packs including,I will be thankful for suggestions . Thanks Mumbai

Friends ,
Came across article about Troels loudspeakers kits,I was looking at the option from Troels kits for LCR surround speakers,can anyone suggest a link to a person who can assemble these kits with wooden flat packs including,I will be thankful for suggestions . Thanks Mumbai
You may buy only the kit (minus the flat pack) and get it built by @sadik
He is the go to guy on HFV for speaker builds
Cheers,
Raghu

Hi all,
Troels Gravesen has released a new3 driver speaker here:
The SB acoustics drivers used in this are available at reasonable costs in India.
Feels like a good value for money 3 driver speaker system.. :)

Note: I have not heard any of Troels's speakers and have no idea what they will sound like.
I also do not know anything about different price-tier crossovers (with superior caps and inductors etc) for the same driver configuration.
I just found this as an interesting value for money configuration of drivers. Hence sharing :)

Thanks
Vineeth
Missed completely this thread maybe because of the Pandemic ;)

Yes I have the Troels Gravesen TQWT MKII kit which Sadik built it to the atmost perfection any DIY can make. They are singing beautifully with many of my Pass Labs amps. His designs are pretty good but expensive for the overall considering DIY speakers. Because of relocation I may look for a new home for them soon ;)

Thanks

Thanks Raghu & man Niraj,I am based in Mumbai, where is Sadiq based any contact ,? I am looking to use for surround sound LCR & rear ,Troels suggested discovery & I have even Diysound HTM 12 ,in mind ,which are whenever available are ready to assemble including enclosure flat packs,but in forums Troels sound has been considered on similar tone & texture as Japanese speakers

@sadik is based in Vadodara. He has built speakers and amps for FMs across the country.
Send him a PM via the forum to discuss further.
Cheers,
Raghu

A Bangalore FM has built one of Troels Gravesen speaker designs.
I think entire kit was purchased from US and enclosure built by @sadik
Who is the lucky man??? kannan sir

Missed completely this thread maybe because of the Pandemic ;)

Yes I have the Troels Gravesen TQWT MKII kit which Sadik built it to the atmost perfection any DIY can make. They are singing beautifully with many of my Pass Labs amps. His designs are pretty good but expensive for the overall considering DIY speakers. Because of relocation I may look for a new home for them soon ;)

Thanks
Hi sir if it's possible share your speakers pictures

Hi sir if it's possible share your speakers pictures
if you are interested, here is the full thread of the build:

if you are interested, here is the full thread of the build:
Thank you for your reply sir

SB is selling kits in India...wanted to know how good they are?
The SB Kits are very good. I have 2 speakers with SB Drivers and they are excellent. They are very dynamic and can really stand up against some of the highly priced commercial speakers.
I have the SB acoustics kit “Bromo” and “Kairos” designed by Jeff Bagby and both are just excellent.

If you are looking at a speaker in a budget, you should definitely try the Bromo’s. They can outperform some of the towers under 80/90K.

How would you compare these two :?
JBL XTI 40 speakers - they have two drivers but are as big as towers. (11k)
and
https://www.audiofy.in/product-page/sb-acoustics-wb5-2-way-bookshelf-speaker-kit-pair (18k)
and
Gold Mishras from IndiqAudio (25k)
So I have never bought speakers before and it seems like there are a lot of not-sogood speakers floating around with people, desperate to get rid of them . I wanted to know how to NOT end up in that predicament..:)

The SB Kits are very good. I have 2 speakers with SB Drivers and they are excellent. They are very dynamic and can really stand up against some of the highly priced commercial speakers.
I have the SB acoustics kit “Bromo” and “Kairos” designed by Jeff Bagby and both are just excellent.

If you are looking at a speaker in a budget, you should definitely try the Bromo’s. They can outperform some of the towers under 80/90K.
Did you get it from abroad or those kits available locally?

SB speakers:

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back