New Xovers for Tannoy Monitor Gold 12

Hi,

That is interesting.

Using the 1.2mh inductor will give a big bump at around 1000hz unless the capacitor value is increased.

This is the the finding of Troels Gravesen.

TannoyMG15-Up-Grade

MG15-problem

Regards
Rajiv

Message from JK:

I have tried this combination in my previous project and I didn't like the sound. Tried 20uF + 10uF in parallel to make it 30uF with 1.2mH and 6.8 Ohms resistor.
I have done all the 'Madarigiri' with my previous project
1.2mH with 20uF
1.2mH with 30uF
But finally I liked the tone this way
1.2 with 16.8uF

Even Westminster is 1mH with 20uF and this way the crossover (low pass) is 1125Hz
Recently I have tried the Westminster crossover with Monitor Gold 15
and sound was much better than the old crossover!"

Hope that answers your queries, if not you can contact JK directly.

That's great. I don't have any system to audition but It would have been pleasure and honour if you had come to my home. Do come next time :).
Glad to see Doc. is happy with the upgrade.
Regards

Sorry about not being able to catch up with you as the time frame was really tight but rest assured will visit your home & catch up with you! Pls no formalities :p

Hi Denom, Thank you so much for posting the pictures. But let me rectify you on one account, when you were at my home, you were not just a "spectator".
You did help a lot in the whole installation process and your feedbacks and suggestions were equally helpfull.

Hi Rikav, You rightly described my AMP history. In Addition to those mentioned i have also acquired a pair of Lyrita Solid state Monoblocks.

I am Using it with Lyrita DHT and its giving a good combination of smoothness and fluidity of tube and the power to drive of SS.

Hiten, your visit is long overdue. Do let me know when you can come down. You are the only one on forum who has heard the setup with stock crossovers. As always your inputs will be valuable.

Thanks doc for your kind words. We shall have a mini-meet at your place once your settled in the new surroundings. Meanwhile, pls continue to listen to music & let the new parts bed in well :D

brilliant post, thanks Denom.

Thanks bro!

NICE!!
old school way of doing the crossover - but yet the most effective

i didnt know jignesh takes on pojects like this

denom
you should take his permission and post the pics of his personal cross over mod
in the seesam cab

MAN now thats a work of pure ART
and a shit load of money
i think just the dulond parts propbably give one a heartache

Yes, have a ton of those deadly pics, but am resisting from posting them as want to hear the speakers before doing so! Lets hope JK bhai gets them ready ASAP :clapping:

He has an Altec VOTT project going on at the moment, do check with him regarding the same.

Great job again by jk & I'm sure Dr must be a very happy chap indeed. It seems jk's on mission to modify loads of tannoy & Altec.
I'm probably next in line for my system 1200.
We are looking at a mix of Rike audio & Duelund vsf for Caps, Inductors also Duelund & Jantzen wax foil where in parallel, the resistors are all Duelund as well & the cabling is all transparent.
Hope to listen to Dr set up some time.
All the best.
Cheers

Wow, can't wait to hear about your speaker project!!! JK bhai as usual will be the 'Main Man' to execute the project with his insane level of paying attention to detail:clapping:

Will keep you posted on the mini meet we will have at doc's place in the near future, do come then.

Well done:clapping: Denom,

Your co-ordination and efforts you take to help fellow FMs are to be appreciated. The important point is Dr is very satisfied with the results.

Last edited:
Thanks Shafic, always a pleasure to help out fellow FM's. Just that the wavelength of the minds should match, that is the key ;)

mpw, you naughty fellow :lol:

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back