New York Shopping Suggestion

jmascreen

LP's are on the top of my list, trying to gather a wanted list and start to look out in ebay, amazon etc. Anymore suggestions are welcome. Also any shop's around NY I can look for.

Apart from this is there any suitable items which is not available in India can be brought, mostly the DIY making stuffs for Speakers, Good Drivers, IC etc

I am not looking for the Heavy Amps etc

Vinyl stores in NYC:

- J&R music world near city hall has a great collection of vinyl
- EarWax is a small store in Williamsburg. very close to the Bedford subway. has secondhand vinyl, too.
- Rainbow Music is a (really) tiny store with a massive collection of used LPs. located in the East Village near Caracas restaurant. the elderly owner is going out of business, so you should get some great deals. he's also amazingly knowledgeable about all the stuff he stocks. must visit place.
- halcyon is in DUMBO. ber chic store with a taste for electronica. some sleek turntables available, too.
- lots of small record shops in the Bleeker street area. lots of second hand stuff.

if you really want to enter vinyl heaven, take a trip to SFO and visit Amoeba in Haight Ashbury. a bowling alley converted into a record store. carry some food coz you won't emerge for days! :)

LP's are on the top of my list, trying to gather a wanted list and start to look out in ebay, amazon etc. Anymore suggestions are welcome. Also any shop's around NY I can look for.

Apart from this is there any suitable items which is not available in India can be brought, mostly the DIY making stuffs for Speakers, Good Drivers, IC etc

I am not looking for the Heavy Amps etc

May I suggest Audiogon if you're interested in pre-owned serious gear?

Just contacted some pre-owned Vinyl LP sellers around NY. Items are around 99 cents to 2$, shipping is 4$.
So still thinking and put on hold :)

How to track order brought through discogs?

I had ordered a CD last year for one of my friends and it looks like there is no way to track the order either through the site or somewhere else. You need to just wait and watch ;)

How to track order brought through discogs?

You may request the seller to send you through a courier that allows tracking, but those usually come at additional prices.

Also one word of caution, I have read in several forums that US pressings are not so good when it comes to vinyls Japanese, German or British pressings are better. I have two Top Gun LPs, one from US (brought in person) and another from Japan (Discogs) and the Japanese one wins.

Vinyl stores in NYC:

- J&R music world near city hall has a great collection of vinyl
- EarWax is a small store in Williamsburg. very close to the Bedford subway. has secondhand vinyl, too.
- Rainbow Music is a (really) tiny store with a massive collection of used LPs. located in the East Village near Caracas restaurant. the elderly owner is going out of business, so you should get some great deals. he's also amazingly knowledgeable about all the stuff he stocks. must visit place.
- halcyon is in DUMBO. ber chic store with a taste for electronica. some sleek turntables available, too.
- lots of small record shops in the Bleeker street area. lots of second hand stuff.

if you really want to enter vinyl heaven, take a trip to SFO and visit Amoeba in Haight Ashbury. a bowling alley converted into a record store. carry some food coz you won't emerge for days! :)

Seems J & R is closed for renovation JR.com: Park Row Redevelopment

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back