Newbie : Need inputs on yamaha RX-V665

Thanks Venkat. I will search the forum for the speakers.. will ping you guys (the experts) for inputs.. cheers

Check out the product range in Maxine web site, they have a step-down transformer with built-in voltage stabilizer, might reduce clutter.

Thanks guys. I got my Rx-V863 and also got a step down transformer from Maxine. Couldn't get the one with the stabilizer as they were out of stock. Anyways, I am going to set this beast up tomorrow. wish me luck :)

Thanks guys. I got my Rx-V863 and also got a step down transformer from Maxine. Couldn't get the one with the stabilizer as they were out of stock. Anyways, I am going to set this beast up tomorrow. wish me luck :)

Best of Luck. If you have any issues, we are here to help you.

Cheers

Thanks very much venkat. I will surely need your advise on the speakers and set up. I have a post in the speakers forum, would be great if you could provide suggestions.
Also, I need inputs from someone who has set up a US receiver in India. As I mentioned I got the yam 863 and a maxine step down. This might sound stupid, but the maxine step down outputs are 110V and 100V (I bought a 1.5 KVA to be safe), but I realized later that the 863 shows the input rated at 120V. I think 110V and 120V are the same, but would appreciate first hand advise from someone who has used a similar set up here.

Thanks very much venkat. I will surely need your advise on the speakers and set up. I have a post in the speakers forum, would be great if you could provide suggestions.

I will search for the thread. If possible send me a PM with the thread link.

Also, I need inputs from someone who has set up a US receiver in India. As I mentioned I got the yam 863 and a maxine step down. This might sound stupid, but the maxine step down outputs are 110V and 100V (I bought a 1.5 KVA to be safe), but I realized later that the 863 shows the input rated at 120V. I think 110V and 120V are the same, but would appreciate first hand advise from someone who has used a similar set up here.

The US voltage is actually 110 volts. So a unit rated at a max of 120 volts will work without any hitch at 110 volts. Though units are rated at 120 volts, they will be able to handle variations from 100 to 120 volts. There is no need to sweat on this.

As I said before, see if you can put a stabiliser before the step down.

Cheers

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back