Newbie to seperates systems

StevieB

Hi.

I've never had hifi separates till now so please be gentle with me!

I've just purchased a Marantz Eq 551 graphic eq to use with my Marantz amp, cd player and turntable.

Can a graphic equaliser only be used with just one source, i.e record deck > graphic > amplifier?

Ive attached pics of the connections on my amp and the graphic.

Thanks

Steve

Hi.

I've just purchased a Marantz Eq 551 graphic eq to use with my Marantz amp, cd player and turntable.

Can a graphic equaliser only be used with just one source, i.e record deck > graphic > amplifier?

Thanks

Steve
Congrats, @StevieB . Pictures are not attached.

Hi.

Thanks

Steve
Stevie,

for CDs it is straight forward. Line out from cd to input of EQ. Then From EQ to amplifier.

for turntable use probably it will require tape monitor connection in your amplifier. You have not mentioned if your turntable has built in preamplifier. Or your amplifier is power amplifier or integrated amplifier. So much depends on functions provided by amplifier.

For switching between cd and turntable as source probably you would require a switch as your EQ only has one pair of input socket.

Regards,

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back