Newegg.com offering free shipping to India when order total exceeds 23K INR

hdmaniac

Just happened to find Newegg.com is currently offering free international shipping to India (for eligible items) if the Order total exceeds 23K INR. Just posting here so anyone looking to ship from US may take advantage of this offer.

For those new to shipping from outside India, please note that you may have to pay customs duty additionally based on the item category and cost when it arrives in India.

1597218136318.png

The customs comes to around 46% these days, if i check for an Nvidia shield Pro the total comes to around 19.5k with VAT and including customs would likely come around 28.5k on Newegg.

Amazon.com is not charging any taxes and final confirmed price comes to around 29k(with precollected customs). Not sure if the tax is likely to go away once i put my address in Newegg but if they are charging taxes i think it will turn around to similar amount on both sites.

The customs comes to around 46% these days, if i check for an Nvidia shield Pro the total comes to around 19.5k with VAT and including customs would likely come around 28.5k on Newegg.

Amazon.com is not charging any taxes and final confirmed price comes to around 29k(with precollected customs). Not sure if the tax is likely to go away once i put my address in Newegg but if they are charging taxes i think it will turn around to similar amount on both sites.

I bought a motherboard from newegg last year and they did not charge any tax.
It was charged by Indian custom dept and paid by UPS who then charged me.

I bought a motherboard from newegg last year and they did not charge any tax.
It was charged by Indian custom dept and paid by UPS who then charged me.

Sorry i meant the VAT , not the customs tax. On Newegg i can see a VAT of 5k being applied whereas on Amazon.com i can see its nil. I am not sure if newegg will also become nil since its estimated tax and would probably vary as per delivery address.

Below is what I get in the checkout > Order review page for Nvidia Shield Pro for India address and it shows Estimated Duty & Vat here. Looks like Newegg too has started collecting advance customs duty like Amazon and Rs. 7369 appears to be the advance customs duty rather than Vat but I have no prior experience with Newegg in shipping to India address so it would be good if FMs who have recently purchased from Newegg can confirm.
1597509187096.png

Below is what I get for the same shield Pro in Amazon.com which is comparatively on the higher side. However, I have good experience with Amazon global shipping and although they collect higher import fees deposit (advance towards customs duty), they promptly refund any balance if the actual customs duty paid in India happens to be lesser than what they collected.
1597509903032.png

Considering the free shipping offer and lower "estimated" duty, Newegg seems to be attractive for the time being (with the risk of higher customs duty actually charged upon arrival)

On a side note has Amazon refunded anyone here as actual customs were lesser than what they charged ?

I ordered a motherboard from newegg last year.
They do not charge local VAT though they do charge custom fee which they mentioned as duty & VAT/GST for my order.

What I found unique was that they charge very minimal shipping fee.

Screenshot_20200820-121029_Newegg.jpg

Last edited:
On a side note has Amazon refunded anyone here as actual customs were lesser than what they charged ?
Yes its happened with me too...twice.

Quite happy with this treatment as opposed to other courier services who are out to get the most duty from us

That's great to hear , I was looking forward to purchase the Nvidia shield as chances of getting it from someone travelling back seems to be bleak for the next 6-8 months

Just an offtopic question. I was wondering which is better for 4K streaming ps4 Pro or Nvidia Shield Pro?

If you are streaming local content from a harddrive or would like to connect one and play the Nvidia Shield Pro seems to be a better bet.

If you would like to play games and in additional want OTT streaming the PS4 Pro/Xbox One X would be better. The Xbox One X plays 4k Blu Ray's too which the PS4 Pro does not , however the PS4 pro has much better games like Umcharted series , God of War series , The Last of Us series and so forth.

Your usage scenario would most likely determine which way would be the best for you.

They do mention free shipping for orders over 23K but I guess free shipping is only for specific items.
I created a cart worth well over 23K and shipping is around 10K.
Screenshot_20210325-124152_Newegg.jpg
Screenshot_20210325-124447_Newegg.jpg

What like minded FMs can do is that locally 3 or 4 people band up together and order goods with more than Rs 23000 and pay commonly to the one officially ordering. Of course TRUST is essential here, however, could be a win win situation for many of us.

Back