Next best option after Mi Q1 75 inch goes bust 4 times in 5 months

manindra.mukherjee

As the title suggests , I am clueless on what to do next. The Mi Q1 75 inch is one of the best value for money TV one can buy and I have nothing to complain against Mi service who promptly attended all the earlier issues and replaced 3 TVs without any fuss. However with the fourth one going kaput , I have lost patience .

I have already asked for a refund and hopefully that should get approved. Now being exposed to such a huge and bright display , I am sure I have to make compromises when I look at different brands at same price range . Need suggestion on below

- Sony X90H or Samsung Frame 65 inch (X90J is out of my budget).
- Anything else which comes close .
- Should I ask for a replacement again instead of refund

I would not want to go below 65 inch. While I got the Mi at <1.1L , I am fine to extend my budget to 1.3L . I only watch OTT content . No DTH stuff, no gaming . Need a large and bright display. Viewing distance 8-10 feet

I am seeing some festive offers with extended 3 years warranty on Sony and Samsung TVs . Anybody who has recently bought something similar could share their experience and price please.

Sony X90H seems to be the best next choice for you - better than Samsung Frame which does not have Dolby Vision, has lower brightness than X90H and does not have FALD either.

Just curious, what were the issues with Mi Q1 75? Pretty surprised that 4 units have gone bad.

I am in a similar boat as you as well, however I am only looking for 75 inch models. I am getting Samsung Frame 2020 (75 inches) at Reliance Digital for around Rs. 2 lakhs. I am confused between that and the Mi Q1 75. Hisense is also planning to launch 75U80G around Diwali, so I'm waiting for that as well.

As the title suggests , I am clueless on what to do next. The Mi Q1 75 inch is one of the best value for money TV one can buy and I have nothing to complain against Mi service who promptly attended all the earlier issues and replaced 3 TVs without any fuss. However with the fourth one going kaput , I have lost patience .

I have already asked for a refund and hopefully that should get approved. Now being exposed to such a huge and bright display , I am sure I have to make compromises when I look at different brands at same price range . Need suggestion on below

- Sony X90H or Samsung Frame 65 inch (X90J is out of my budget).
- Anything else which comes close .
- Should I ask for a replacement again instead of refund

I would not want to go below 65 inch. While I got the Mi at <1.1L , I am fine to extend my budget to 1.3L . I only watch OTT content . No DTH stuff, no gaming . Need a large and bright display. Viewing distance 8-10 feet

I am seeing some festive offers with extended 3 years warranty on Sony and Samsung TVs . Anybody who has recently bought something similar could share their experience and price please.
What was the problem here sirjee, the hdmi board stopped working?

1st problem : Dead pixel
2nd Problem : Led backlight issue. Screen went dark at times although the UI was working
3rd problem : uneven panel misalignment . Google voice assistant switch not working
4th problem : Vertical line which goes on and off

2nd Problem : Led backlight issue. Screen went dark at times although the UI was working
3rd problem : uneven panel misalignment . Google voice assistant switch not working
All these with 4 different units or just with the parts replaced?

Tv Replaced
This is very unusual. Now that you got used to size and PQ to a certain level not sure you can get a tv similar in your budget. May be if you increase your budget by another 20-30k you will be able to get a 75 inch tv from the big 3. Remember the sonyx800h 75 sold at 1.65L.

That's a lot of issues and not minor ones. Are these known issues with this model? Are you getting sealed TV as replacements or refurbished ones? I feel you should escalate this to the higher authorities and get a properly tested unit.

MaSh

That's a lot of issues and not minor ones. Are these known issues with this model? Are you getting sealed TV as replacements or refurbished ones? I feel you should escalate this to the higher authorities and get a properly tested unit.

MaSh

Won't be able to comment on whether the replacement were refurbished ....all of them were sealed pack and opened and installed infront of me

I know I am asking an obvious question...have you checked for any electrical issues at your place?

I recently faced issues with two TVs of mine (not Xiaomi) - display problems on one and a burnt main board on the other. Apparently the underground power cable that fed power to my home got damaged due to horizontal drilling done by a contractor associated with the power company. The neutral line was getting fed about 80volts due to the damage to the cable. No other equipment failed though. This problem went undetected for few months due to faulty RCCB. We stumbled on this problem only after replacing the RCCB. The new RCCB simply refused to stay put. It took lot of effort to trace the source of the problem as the leakage on neutral line was dependent on how wet the ground was.

Last edited:
Should I ask for a replacement again instead of refund
You've gambled with them 4 times! Get your money back and move on. 1.2lacs isn't pocket change.

There are several good options from LG, Sony. A couple to mention are the Sony KD-75XH9005 or X90H. Not sure if its sold in India. The former is a top drawer LCD LED TV.

I know I am asking an obvious question...have you checked for any electrical issues at your place?

I recently faced issues with two TVs of mine (not Xiaomi) - display problems on one and a burnt main board on the other. Apparently the underground power cable that fed power to my home got damaged due to horizontal drilling done by a contractor associated with the power company. The neutral line was getting fed about 80volts due to the damage to the cable. No other equipment failed though. This problem went undetected for few months due to faulty RCCB. We stumbled on this problem only after replacing the RCCB. The new RCCB simply refused to stay put. It took lot of effort to trace the source of the problem as the leakage on neutral line was dependent on how wet the ground was.
Interesting. 220 and 80 v , PD of 140 v for your whole house.
Surprising that the ACs in your house were not creating a fuss.

For the op - Increase your budget a bit and get a 65" oled from lg or Sony.
You will really enjoy content on apple tv , Netflix and Disney.

Last edited:
I see a lot of people suggesting 65 inches tvs... I for one don't think you should step down in size as that is far more important IMHO compared to picture quality which might see 10 20% jump... I would suggest escalating to mi and getting a good piece as they have done the replacement so many times, they look like they care to make things right

I would really echo this sentiment. Please check not just the Electricals but also the source components.
a few years ago the hdmi switcher on my then 10 year old denon got fried. I was cursing denon and was unplugging the hdmi cables when I got a shock, literally. The Tata sky hdmi cable was outputting current strong enough to give me a shock.. imagine what it would have done to the denon circuitry. That’s the day, I became a cord cutter, closed my Tata sky subscription and moved joyfully to the ad-free world of OTT content

A quick update : Mi didnot agree for a refund but they changed the panel (not the TV) . The TV is working fine. A couple of observation

- The support service is extremely good from Mi. While it took them 2 weeks to get the panel , they kept me updated every alternate day
- The service engineer checked the power connectors and any other environmental factors which might be causing the TV failures. Nothing of concern came out though
- They swapped the display only. The swapping was done at my home and it took a good two hours. Since the motherboard was not changed , I did not have to go through setting up the TV all over again . The new panel's manufacturing date was 4/21

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back