Next logical upgrade from 5.1

sandeeprawat

Hi FMs,

Just completed my 5-6 years old project of 5.1 setup with VSX823, Z5, Z1, Oberon Vokal, BIC PL200 ii

Now planning for the next logical step up from current setup so looking for opinions

What should I plan for next?

First of all is it a worthwhile upgrade to get Atmos?

Second, 7.2 or 9.2 within 1-12 months or wait more and get 11.2 directly? Does 7.2 makes sense or I should get directly get 9.2 if I can't wait to save up for 11.2.

Perfectly happy with my current Pioneer but I would prefer to get something else for upgrade? What would be best for movies? (Denon ?)

Do I need to plan for separate AMP as well even after spending 1-1.5L on above AVRs?

Please note that I'm looking for VFM options in all cases and there is no immediate money/need/permission from home minister for all this :p :D so looking for long term options that may work well for next 6-10 years (hoping so)

Budget and room details?
I'd be moving out soon so not specific details as of now.

In terms of budget since this will be spread over a few years there is no constraints as such (may be 3-4 L cap for next 6-7 years all combined) but to give a ball park figure I would prefer spending ~1L on AVR if buying in next 12-24 months or so. May extend further to ~ 1.5+ if buying in 3 years. Poweramp and others would be on need basis but please do provide suggestions for budget conscious people so that I can plan accordingly.

Last edited:
I'd be moving out soon so not specific details as of now.

In terms of budget since this will be spread over a few years there is no constraints as such (may be 3-4 L cap for next 6-7 years all combined) but to give a ball park figure I would prefer spending ~1L on AVR if buying in next 12-24 months or so. May extend further to ~ 1.5+ if buying in 3 years. Poweramp and others would be on need basis but please do provide suggestions for budget conscious people so that I can plan accordingly.
Well based on room only any one can suggest as it is the most important factor. Well based on your budget and existing system my advise would be to go for Denon 4500, I got mine for 1.16L last year and with the 4700 launched you should get good discounts. 4500 all the goodies an avr needs and should be more then enough for another 3-4 years. Speakers since u already have the Oberon vokal you can go for a complete dali set up. Subwoofer are u planing to upgrade or continue with the Bic?

If there are more than 2 people watching,
Its worth getting a second sub.
I would first match all the speakers to the same line, Stick with 5.2, upgrade to a better amp and add acoustic panels and carpet if not done already.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back