Nexus 7 or iPad Mini

frosts

Nexus 7 any day trounces the ipad mini. Better pixel density, mightier processor, google stock OS, extremely versatile. Ipad scores better in the build quality but nexus 7's quality isn't that bad. Getting a decent cover like Seidio Active will make things even better.

Also Nexus 7 has international warranty. Get it from ibhejo.com for odd 15K.

Graphics performance wrt games seems to be much smoother on the i padmini :p than the nexus 7 in some comparison videos I saw on youtube.

thou i'm not an apple fan (far from it infact). the mini has a smoother experience.

if the nexus was 6-7k lesser, i would have loved to say go for the nexus. at a difference less than that, unfortunately it's the mini.

about the specs: sometimes numbers dont translate into better real world exp. take the quad core tegra 3 chipset vs a dual core snapdragon s4. the s4 was 10-15% faster.

overall what works for the nexus: pocket friendly size, customizablity of Android
what works for mini: lighter, faster/smoother, better screen(quality not resolution)

FYI, iPad mini buyers, a retina display iPad mini is rumored for March'13. I guess it's worth the wait.

Cheers.

This year (2013) I expect android tablet experience to overtake iOS. As it is, despite new google maps for iOS the android maps is significantly superior. There are goofups galore in iOS 6 (biggest mistake of my life to have upgraded). Android is getting better by the day. Will show up in tablets by End 2013.

Graphics performance wrt games seems to be much smoother on the i padmini :p than the nexus 7 in some comparison videos I saw on youtube.

I read your post and wondered for a few seconds - what the heck is an i padmini - sounds like an Indian name! Then I realized it is iPad Mini!

Let's eat grandma
Let's eat, Grandma

PS: Not being a grammar nazi - just a little fun!:p

A difficult choice my friend. First thing you may need to hack up your budget. Second thing, while Apple scores on brand recognition and hardware; Nexus triumphs on conent with unrestricted access to Google play/store. If you are happy with Itunes then go for I-pad.

Vashista, what s_anuj posted us the video I talked about.
S_anuj, thanks bro.

I prefer the freedom of android, but I devices are way more efficient and consistent most of the time.
I pad mini without spaces was intentional :D

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

If you want 3G option, the Asus Nexus 7, NOT available in India yet, is way better than the iPad Mini

ASUS - - ASUS Nexus 7

Note that iPad Mini has 25% more viewing area than Nexus 7, but Nexus 7 is more 'open'.

Since Nexus 7 is launched in India at a huge price of 20k . And iPad Mini is also available in that range which one to go for??

My budget is 15k..
Anyone knows where I can get the 16gb model cheapest in Mumbai and what will be the price.. Any one knows the current price in Alfa

Only one add I saw in quickr which is giving nexus 7 @17k
NEXUS 7 16GB TABLET, SEALED PACK, WITH WARRANTY - Mumbai: Everything Else in Mumbai at Quikr Mumbai

I would say since price is not an issue for you, then choose Nexus 7 looking at its spec has IPS TFT LCD screen which deliver bright images. And after all you wont be stuck with limited products for content sharing like Apple.

Wait for the ipad mini 2 which is said to release in march. It will have a retina display and A5X processor and 1 GB Ram !!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back