NFJ&FX Audio Tube-03 - Tube Pre Amplifier

Hi Naresh,

Where did you buy FX Audio preamp? I can't find them in any online stores.
Hi @SanVJ ,

I got it from banggood. Ordered in Oct 21 and received second week of Jan 2022.

@amrutmhatre90 , can you please help me with any pointers for reliable sources to buy matched pair of GE 5654W. I went ahead and bought FX Audio Tube 3 MKII finally as your video helped to overcome the dilemma.
Adding tube buffer elevated the total setup to next level.
Thanks to you.
My setup is LG G1 audio line out/ Bluetooth -- FX Audio T3mk2 -- Norge concerto gold 1000 -- IndiqAudio Platinum Achals
Glad you are enjoying it. Will share from where to get the tubes over PM you and @Mayasandra_l

I purchased the GE tube from Amazon and the link is given-

Riverstone Audio - Matched Pair (2 Tubes) JAN 5654W Fully-Tested Vacuum Tubes 6J1 / 5654 /6AK5/ EF95 / 6AK5 Tube Replacement https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01BFJDTW0/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_GQX6RCBT9GGZMADZ08C9

These are expensive, can get you Bel, Siemens or GE in much lesser rates.

Hi Naresh,

Where did you buy FX Audio preamp? I can't find them in any online stores.
Here you go,

If you want to find one is to search for Tube Preamp on Amazon.in, they have various brands looks and so on. But internals are mostly same.

These are expensive, can get you Bel, Siemens or GE in much lesser rates.
I’ve been in the tube market for around 2 years. Most of the sellers in my experience sell counterfeit BEL / Siemens tubes , and it is very hard to spot a difference without plugging them in.
New old stock GE tubes , if they are genuine , are supposed to cost much more than 3000/pair I think.

I’ve been in the tube market for around 2 years. Most of the sellers in my experience sell counterfeit BEL / Siemens tubes , and it is very hard to spot a difference without plugging them in.
New old stock GE tubes , if they are genuine , are supposed to cost much more than 3000/pair I think.

The above link of the tubes from amazon is from amazon USA. With shipping and customs it costs around 3k.

I will add you too the pm conversation, maybe you can check with the seller for tubes.

You are right. One way to identify the fakes is, since fakes are actually painted, scratch the name / logo with nails. If it wears off easy it’s genuine and if it does not, it’s surely fake. ( my own experience has been consistent so far with this test. Have been victim of fake purchase of BEL 12AX7 myself)

Many GE and RCA tubes have identical construction and are actually made by GE for RCA.

There many other Japanese and American brands which are trust worthy and sound equally good or better.

And if you want to try a special brand / construction, try Bendix. Solid SS construction which reminds me of steel frame building construction ! These tubes were made to survive functionality in case of shocks from a nuclear attack.

I personally rate genuine BEL as equal or superior to Telefunken.

View attachment 68658

View attachment 68659
That’s a great tip @yogibear.
I too have been using genuine BEL tubes and they sound as good , if not better , than Telefunken (which I don’t own but have had chance to compare to ).
If someday I get my hands on original Mullards for a reasonable price I’ll buy them , otherwise I’m good with my tubes.

Buy LME 49720NA x 3 units of opamps from ebay from USA , change Capasitor to WIMA Mkp4 1uF 250v 5 pich 22.5 which will improve audio two times better

Buy LME 49720NA x 3 units of opamps from ebay USA , changing to Mullard M8100 from ebay UK, change Capasitor to WIMA Mkp4 1uF 250v 5 pich 22.5 (germany) which will improve audio two times better than stock unit
I use schiit modi 3+ Dac ( USA) and HD6xx headphones. Tubes perform much better listening to headphones

Last edited:
You are right. One way to identify the fakes is, since fakes are actually painted, scratch the name / logo with nails. If it wears off easy it’s genuine and if it does not, it’s surely fake. ( my own experience has been consistent so far with this test. Have been victim of fake purchase of BEL 12AX7 myself)

Many GE and RCA tubes have identical construction and are actually made by GE for RCA.

There many other Japanese and American brands which are trust worthy and sound equally good or better.

And if you want to try a special brand / construction, try Bendix. Solid SS construction which reminds me of steel frame building construction ! These tubes were made to survive functionality in case of shocks from a nuclear attack.

I personally rate genuine BEL as equal or superior to Telefunken.
There is this dealer in Agra who is supposed to provide genuine tubes. I recently purchased the GE 7 pin tube 5654. Costing was about 2500 for a pair. Sound changed for the better in my xduoo preamp.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back