NFJ&FX Audio Tube-03 - Tube Pre Amplifier

Congrats for the new addition... more than that your review is also tempting :) .. I was wondering will this makes similar characters if I add it before an integrated amplifier !!.. say in front of my Yamaha ax496 in "pure direct" mode..
Used it with my yamaha avr.. It works.. Alot will depend on the speakers also

Did you get any distortion ? I will try again in Pure Direct Mode, though I don't think it will make any difference I had tried in Direct.
Used it with my yamaha avr.. It works.. Alot will depend on the speakers also

You can try this is super cheap, and you can always sell if you don't like it.
Congrats for the new addition... more than that your review is also tempting :) .. I was wondering will this makes similar characters if I add it before an integrated amplifier !!.. say in front of my Yamaha ax496 in "pure direct" mode..

The pricing is one of the main attraction here... will our FMs also make a tube pre in or around this pricing? I never had experience with the tube amps, so wanted try as its this cheap..

Finally I got a way to connect AVR and Tube Pre Amp, got this RCA switcher. It is mechanical with buttons which pop out if change inputs.
Tried playing on both sources at low volume and switching on the go, it does without any problems. But would be avoiding switching with live inputs.

20210723_193414_resize_48.jpg
https://amzn.to/3rsVZ9L

One thing I noticed is that I can't listen to the pre tube amp and crown combo for hours like I used to listen on Denon. There is a bit of harshness at loud volumes. Maybe it is the Tagas which are on a brighter side.
But for soft listening these are pure bliss. Playing with the tone controls to suit my liking. Maybe it is the headcold which is confusing my mind.

Finally I got a way to connect AVR and Tube Pre Amp, got this RCA switcher. It is mechanical with buttons which pop out if change inputs.
Tried playing on both sources at low volume and switching on the go, it does without any problems. But would be avoiding switching with live inputs.

View attachment 60000
https://amzn.to/3rsVZ9L

One thing I noticed is that I can't listen to the pre tube amp and crown combo for hours like I used to listen on Denon. There is a bit of harshness at loud volumes. Maybe it is the Tagas which are on a brighter side.
But for soft listening these are pure bliss. Playing with the tone controls to suit my liking. Maybe it is the headcold which is confusing my mind.
I have no issues with long listening as the Tube pre as they are a bit laid back and my Quads are neutral.

So finally got GE, Siemens and Bel tubes from a generous FM at a awesome price. One of the Bel vaccum tube was kaput.
Started testing out tubes and i liked the way Siemens sounded, lows were a bit tighter and highs were smoother. Currently using GE tubes and almost identical results as Siemens.
Stock tubes are much longer than the new ones.

20210724_180504_resize_66.jpg

Was free on a Sunday, so made a video comparing how a AV receiver sounds with a subwoofer vs tube preamp when it is connected to the same power amp and speakers.
YT might not do justice but my mother preferred the tube pre amp over subwoofer, she doesn't like bass much.

AV receiver had audyssey running can crossover at 60hz. What I normally listen to music if I want bass. 80% of the time listening to music on Tube Pre Amp.
Sometimes Activo CT10 does MQA unfolding, and I get a blue dot on it. It is vert random. But not at all bothered about it as I am totally satisfied with the sound quality.

Used Mp3 files due to copyright issues, they don't do justice to the actually FLACs, if anyone knows good tracks to test without having copyright issues do let me know.

Just saw your unit.. mine is a FX audio "only" version with headphone out as well as bluetooth aptx! How many versions are there? :p

Anyway, nice post!

Attachments

• FX Tube 03.jpg
    FX Tube 03.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 36
Just saw your unit.. mine is a FX audio "only" version with headphone out as well as bluetooth aptx! How many versions are there? :p

Anyway, nice post!

There are alot, actually design and internals are same slight tweakings done here and there. Different names, colors, tubes but all use same boards.

So finally got GE, Siemens and Bel tubes from a generous FM at a awesome price. One of the Bel vaccum tube was kaput.
Started testing out tubes and i liked the way Siemens sounded, lows were a bit tighter and highs were smoother. Currently using GE tubes and almost identical results as Siemens.
Stock tubes are much longer than the new ones.

View attachment 60221

Was free on a Sunday, so made a video comparing how a AV receiver sounds with a subwoofer vs tube preamp when it is connected to the same power amp and speakers.
YT might not do justice but my mother preferred the tube pre amp over subwoofer, she doesn't like bass much.

AV receiver had audyssey running can crossover at 60hz. What I normally listen to music if I want bass. 80% of the time listening to music on Tube Pre Amp.
Sometimes Activo CT10 does MQA unfolding, and I get a blue dot on it. It is vert random. But not at all bothered about it as I am totally satisfied with the sound quality.

Used Mp3 files due to copyright issues, they don't do justice to the actually FLACs, if anyone knows good tracks to test without having copyright issues do let me know.
@amrutmhatre90 , can you please help me with any pointers for reliable sources to buy matched pair of GE 5654W. I went ahead and bought FX Audio Tube 3 MKII finally as your video helped to overcome the dilemma.
Adding tube buffer elevated the total setup to next level.
Thanks to you.
My setup is LG G1 audio line out/ Bluetooth -- FX Audio T3mk2 -- Norge concerto gold 1000 -- IndiqAudio Platinum Achals

@amrutmhatre90 , can you please help me with any pointers for reliable sources to buy matched pair of GE 5654W. I went ahead and bought FX Audio Tube 3 MKII finally as your video helped to overcome the dilemma.
Thanks to you.
My setup is LG G1 audio line out/ Bluetooth -- FX Audio T3mk2 -- Norge concerto gold 1000 -- IndiqAudio Platinum Achals
I have a Xduoo MT 602. With the stock 6J1 tubes and the Xduoo serving a pre to my Audiolab 6000A, the sound was harsh woth hardly any sound stage. Changed the tube to GE 5654W and it immediately showed an improvement with no harshness in upper treble and great lows. I don't feel the need of a sub when this chain connected to indiq achal. My KEF Q300 and ELAC paired to the chain sounded lovely as well.
I purchased the GE tube from Amazon and the link is given-

Riverstone Audio - Matched Pair (2 Tubes) JAN 5654W Fully-Tested Vacuum Tubes 6J1 / 5654 /6AK5/ EF95 / 6AK5 Tube Replacement https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01BFJDTW0/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_GQX6RCBT9GGZMADZ08C9

Thanks to you.
Hi Naresh,

Where did you buy FX Audio preamp? I can't find them in any online stores.

I have a Xduoo MT 602. With the stock 6J1 tubes and the Xduoo serving a pre to my Audiolab 6000A, the sound was harsh woth hardly any sound stage. Changed the tube to GE 5654W and it immediately showed an improvement with no harshness in upper treble and great lows. I don't feel the need of a sub when this chain connected to indiq achal. My KEF Q300 and ELAC paired to the chain sounded lovely as well.
I purchased the GE tube from Amazon and the link is given-

Riverstone Audio - Matched Pair (2 Tubes) JAN 5654W Fully-Tested Vacuum Tubes 6J1 / 5654 /6AK5/ EF95 / 6AK5 Tube Replacement https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01BFJDTW0/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_GQX6RCBT9GGZMADZ08C9
Thank you @Mayasandra_l. Will order now from Amazon. Yeah, you said it correctly about no need for sub as this setup sounds so nicely for low frequencies too.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back