NHT SuperZero - Pair @128.36$

They are brilliant at what they do - reproducing the mid's and high's.
Needless to say, there's no real bass at all but coupled with a subwoofer and crossed over right - you get hi-fi sound at a budget.

Last edited:
Rs. 9600 a pair in USA, works out to Rs. 16533 for India. That's nearly double.

Are they stereo speakers or more at home for the home theater as satellites?

Also, wouldn't a pair of Swans or even the THX Logitech at Rs. 8,000 outperform them at their Rs. 16,500 brought to India pricing?

I just notice these speakers are going at 72$ a piece and amazon India import is coming up to 17k for pair which is quite good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CKNOYWK/

I happen to buy them at 102$ just few weeks ago. :indifferent14:

Amazon.in says 13.7 K EACH !

NHT SuperZero 2.1 Our Amazing Mini-Monitor (Single)
Price: 13,714.00 FREE Delivery.
Inclusive of all taxes

Maybe the Dali Zensor1 is a better bet ?

buy from .com & ship to India at 17k a pair, inclusive of import duty and shipping.

Amazon.in says 13.7 K EACH !

NHT SuperZero 2.1 Our Amazing Mini-Monitor (Single)
Price: 13,714.00 FREE Delivery.
Inclusive of all taxes

Maybe the Dali Zensor1 is a better bet ?
I don't know if they are to be compared with Z1s, maybe the members have a better idea then me :)

I have not come across a comparison between the two. However it appears the NHT has a foam surround. Over the years I have learnt that it's always better to avoid foamed surrounds on drivers because at some point most do degrade VERY much faster than any rubber surround. I've seen them degrade in a year or so and some last a bit longer than that. But it will happen !...especially in India!

There are some especially treated foams like on the Lab12 subwoofer from Eminence, which also looks different from the usual foams we see. Eminence claim their treated foam surround is long lasting.( I wrote to them about it !)

The Zensor has a rubber surround and a slightly bigger driver. Their tweeter is well regarded and so I think while they would not sound exactly the same , it is a well regarded speaker. Price wise its about Rs25K a pair available off the shelf right here. I hope some one tells us how they find their Zensor 1 !
I like small speakers assisted with a sub. They often sound very much better than large main drivers.

Who sells Dali in Bangalore ?

Also, wouldn't a pair of Swans or even the THX Logitech at Rs. 8,000 outperform them at their Rs. 16,500 brought to India pricing?

If it is 16K, then you (can) have lot more better products for less..You can easily complete a stereo setup IMO...

<snip>However it appears the NHT has a foam surround. Over the years I have learnt that it's always better to avoid foamed surrounds on drivers because at some point most do degrade VERY much faster than any rubber surround. I've seen them degrade in a year or so and some last a bit longer than that. But it will happen !...especially in India!

There are some especially treated foams like on the Lab12 subwoofer from Eminence, which also looks different from the usual foams we see. Eminence claim their treated foam surround is long lasting.( I wrote to them about it !)
<snip>
Yes, they have a foam surround. I bought my SuperZero's 17 years ago and there's absolutely no degradation of the foam. Yet!

I'd paid $150 for my pair when the going MSRP was ~$300 - it was a weird pair, had unfinished veneer and one speaker had its terminal cup mounted upside down. The dealer said that was the reason it was going cheap. The terminal cup remained upside down till recently when I got off my lazy butt, unscrewed it and righted it. :D

Yes, they have a foam surround. I bought my SuperZero's 17 years ago and there's absolutely no degradation of the foam. Yet!

That's really interesting. 17 years for a foam surround in warm humid weather! I see so many deteriorated foam surrounds that I keep away from them. My cousins JBL and Altec Lansing large stand mount speakers also cracked their surrounds rather fast. I replaced the surrounds. They certainly weren't 17 years old.

But some drivers might have treated foams that last longer. I wouldn't want to find out. That of course is a personal view point. A lot of very good speakers do have foam surrounds ! Eventually, how it sounds dictates the purchase !:)
In spite of saying all that I did end up with some speakers with foam surrounds !

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back