Nissan Terrano Music system

captainrizal

Hi guys! I got Nissan Terrano which I bought last September. The car is good but music system sucks. It is basic music system and lacks punch. I do not want to add sub at the back but want to improve sound quality with probably same speakers.
Please help to improve sound system of my car.

Hi guys! I got Nissan Terrano which I bought last September. The car is good but music system sucks. It is basic music system and lacks punch. I do not want to add sub at the back but want to improve sound quality with probably same speakers.
Please help to improve sound system of my car.

I have changed the system to a Blaupunkt Los Angeles system and changed the speakers to JBL ones. Works decent and lot better than the original set.

Cheers

Yes, you can use components speakers without additional amp.

Changing only the factory fitted speakers is the first step of improving the sound of car stereo.

A pair of decent (read Infinity, RF, Morel, Hertz etc) sensitive component speakers ( +/- a pair of coaxials at back) can improve the sound quality a lot, and is sufficient for many listeners. You will experience an improvement in clarity, mid and upper frequencies. Improvement in bass may or may not be there. So, audition before purchase.

Further to improve the sound quality, you may add:
1. 2/4 Channel amp. an amp with speaker level input will be easy to integrate
2. a sub. you may consider an under seat sub to save boot space. Though almost all experts here will urge you to opt for a regular sized sub for better sound quality.

Thanks Palka. That's what even I felt but my car accessories shop guy tells to fit 4 channel amp and a converter. I think he feels fitting component speakers alone may not improve quality that I wanted. I do not want to go with sub. I had in my previous car and o hardly used it.

I am having another strange problem now with my car ( read Nissan Terrano) music system. Sometimes it sounds good with adequate bass (though not enough to my taste) and sometimes there is no bass at all, only treble i could hear. FYI, the system is factory fitted and I have not changed it. I mostly stream music from my phone via bluetooth. Has it got to do anything with bluetooth streaming or interference? I have tested the sound quality for same music. I have not checked the cables and connections. Please help.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back