No frills HT for Netflix for the missus

Bloom@83

Banned
Banned
Good folks

I am obliged to setup a 5.1 HT for the missus and her coterie of friends. Recently bought a Philips 50" and that led to this. Primary requirement will be Netflix and Prime hence should fully support their audio output.Occassionally the Blu Ray discs will be played. Obviously this is a tertiary setup so budget will be limited to 60K max all -in-all.

Please suggest should I for these Yamaha\Onkyo setups or are there other options within this limited budget ? Is the Sony BDV 9xxx value for money?

Good folks

I am obliged to setup a 5.1 HT for the missus and her coterie of friends. Recently bought a Philips 50" and that led to this. Primary requirement will be Netflix and Prime hence should fully support their audio output.Occassionally the Blu Ray discs will be played. Obviously this is a tertiary setup so budget will be limited to 60K max all -in-all.

Please suggest should I for these Yamaha\Onkyo setups or are there other options within this limited budget ? Is the Sony BDV 9xxx value for money?
Do it soon. You are deeply and profusely obligated. Otherwise you'll be thrown out of the home ;)
Look at soundbars with sub and sats that can be tucked away discreetly.
They can do a 5.1 easily
Cheers,
Raghu

Good folks

If you are looking for a new setup , you would be able to fit in a Polk TL1600 (around 35k) + Denon 250BT/550BT (25k/30k). Perform quiet well for the pricepoint for watching movies.

Thanks a bunch ... Yes have ProFX in Kolkata which i did visit during my stereo setup audition 6 years back.

Check out Amazon for

Philips Fidelio HTL9100 Wireless SoundBar:

Bose soundbar 500:

Can upgrade this bose by adding additional speakers or sub later on to scale it up if needed.

Polk Audio TL1600:

You'd need to add a receiver to the Polk speaker system above. A denon x series. Marantz NR series or similar spec receiver from other brands should make one good system.

MaSh

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back