No play on DVD player

jayantadak

Hi folks,

I had a movie content on my hard disc. It was a avi file. I copied the content on a CD successfully using Nero. I was able to play the movie on my PC. But when I wanted to enjoy on my bigger TV screen via a DVD player (Pioneer), it did not play, and showed the error of "CAN'T PLAY DISC". Can I know why ?

Let me tell you, that a while ago, I was able to play a copied avi file on my same DVD player, I can't guess, why it did not play this time.

Any suggestions ????

JAYANT ADAK

Some avi files may have extention which old DVDp may not read.Even if you dont finalise disc,same problem can occur.

You may not have the right decoder support in your DVDP for it to play. Have you tried this on anyone else's player and seen what happens?/

Hi folks,

I had a movie content on my hard disc. It was a avi file. I copied the content on a CD successfully using Nero. I was able to play the movie on my PC. But when I wanted to enjoy on my bigger TV screen via a DVD player (Pioneer), it did not play, and showed the error of "CAN'T PLAY DISC". Can I know why ?

Let me tell you, that a while ago, I was able to play a copied avi file on my same DVD player, I can't guess, why it did not play this time.

Any suggestions ????

JAYANT ADAK

Yes, even old DVDp with Divx support may have old codecs say Divx5 & new encoded AVI can be Divx6 or lator.

Hi

The Pioneer DVDp model no. is DV 366, which was bought some 5 years ago. I don't think there is a prob with the model, because I have successfully played a burnt CD in the above player. One of the friends told me to burn the following way : Nero Smart ess. > Nero express ess > Copy Video CD > Add files > After selecting the target a window opened saying that " Full version of Nero 7 reqd" It also further stated that Missing features: MPEG-4 video decoding ......whatever that means. Pl guide me if any way out. Thanks.

JAYANT ADAK.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back