No sound at times when using Epson TW 6000 with Yamaha RX V 371

captainrizal

I bought TW 6000 recently. The picture quality is just awesome, that's needless to say but I having a strange problem. Sometimes there's no sound while picture shows up. I'm using Yamaha RXV 371 AVR with Sony BDR 370, Tata sky HD and Zotac HTPC, all input to AVR using HDMI cables. Sometimes I get good sound and sometimes there is no sound. When no sound coming I remove PJ HDMI cable and re insert, it works but not all the time. I checked all the cables to AVR, they are in good condition and properly secured to AVR.
All TW 6000 owners, please help and let me know if you all face same problem.
Sorry if this is explained elsewhere in this forum. However, I was unable to find same.

This is hdmi handshake issue especially when connected through AVR. My reliance hd stb has this problem. Caution: do not remove and plug in hdmi cable while the devices are working. It will cause damage to your avr hdmi board mainly. A few months back I had to replace the hdmi board of my denon 1612. Turn on the devices in the order PJ, stb and lastly avr. If still there is problem, switch off the stb and on it again. This works for me. Now I'm connecting stb directly to TV.

TW 6000 brilliant projector. As far as sound is concerned Projector has nothing to do with it. It seems that the cable you are using could be low quality. The other solution is you connect the sound through optical cable that will solve the issue

Thanks guys, I will try and inform you. Yeah Baiju, that's true, removing and inserting HDMI jack can damage the board. I think it's handshake issue. I will infirm you after trying couple of times.

If its hdmi handshake issue, won't picture be lost too during interruption ?? At least, that's how it was whenever I encountered it between my Samsung LCD and PS3. It happened only once or twice in the last couple of years and a simple power cycling of the TV would solve the problem for me.

In this case, I would start with each source individually connected to the PJ with their respective cables and see if the problem can be replicated, and go from there.

Hope this nuisance would get sorted out soon. Me too looking at the same PJ , so keen to know about a solution.

Regards
Imrahn

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back