No sound from FireStick

manindra.mukherjee

I have a FireStick Gen 1 which was lying for some time . Updated the software to latest version and plugged to one of the HDMI inputs of my Yamaha AVR V375 . The AVR is connected to a TV. I am unable to get any sound but the display is there. When at hoem screen or scrolling through menu , there ks no system sound. Neither is there any sound when playing any stereo like YouTube videos or Amazon music. But when I play a 5.1 DD+ content like Jack Ryan , the AVR detects the sound and works ok.

I tried swapping the input ports , selected other sound options in FS ( DD off , etc) but no success.

Has anybody faced this type of issue. What could be the issue here or is there I am doing something wrong.

Please try changing the sound in Firestick settings to auto. (looks like you have tried)
Did you try connecting the Firestick to TV directly and check? You can eliminate error with Firestick if it works directly with TV.

Tried doing all what is suggested

- Disconnected power source and restarted the device
- Changed audio from DD+ to DD to DD+ off (all options available on FS). There is no option to select PCM in FS
- Connected to TV and routed audio via ARC to AVR and works fine.
- Used my DTH to connect directly to all 4 HDMI input ports of AVR to rule out HDMI port issue. All work fine.

Not sure why AVR fails to detect audio when the FS source is stereo. On playing any DD+ content , the audio works fine.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back