No Sound from rear speakers

anm

Hi,
My octavia rider has factory fitted music system. Sound does not come from the 2speakers in rear doors and woofers at the back. What could be the issue?
The alpine receiver is 4 channel only so I guess it can power the 2 tweeters and 2 speakers in front doors. Could it mean that rear speakers are not at all wired?
If I try to get other speakers connected to the same receiver, could it blow up the system? Should I buy exta amp to power remaining speakers?
Since I almost always drive myself, I don't bother much, but I think getting those speakers to work would be a good idea.

regards

If its a factory fitted audio system its best to get it checked at a Skoda service centre.
All headunits support 4 speaker output
Anyone having Octavia rider can confirm that the factory system comes with front and rear speakers and sub, because I am not sure abut it
About the front speakers which you say is (2 speakers and 2 tweeters), it would be components, means mid range and tweeter are separate
So one midrange and a tweeter makes up one speaker.

2 very small speakers on front doors (one on each) where they are hinged on the car, on the top - they are so small I assume they house only a tweeter, but maybe it is a tweeter + mid.
2 larger speakers on the front door - they are not that large that I would call them subs - I thought they would be midrange.
Then two small ones on the back doors (one on each), and then 2 drivers on the back facing up - where tray rests.

I have this car for last few years, but I never bothered, though I requested at the time of service once to get this thing fixed - then forgot to check it while taking delivery. Not a bothering issue since I drive myself and sound on front is ok, not too much bass but clear enough to enjoy music.

Last edited:
When your car goes for next service, you can inoform the service centre about the problem and tell them to rectify it
But make sure you check all speakers are working perfectly, Skoda service charges are quiet hefty and I am sure they wont check it for free

I hope you have cross-checked that the Fader in the head unit is not set to the front speakers only?

Hey! ANM i'm absolutely confused by your description of speakers.
Any ways i aslo have a octy rider though i do not remember the stock spk as i had the set replaced, but it def won't have a woofer.
It is most likely to have a two way spk in the front, the tweeter will be encapsulated on the inside bheind orvm's, the mid bass will be firing at your feet behind the pastic grill as visible. The rear is most likely to be 5' inch coaxial placed below the corner pastic behind the seats on which hatch cover is hinged.

The reasons for the rear not working could be many.
1. The fader may be adjusted for the fronts only. In the alpine you'll have to keep on pressing the volume control knob till you get the fader indication on the screen & then turn the voulme control to adjust the seting as per your choice.

2. Wiring problems which can be sorted by any decent installer no need to go to the authorised work shop.

3. IC malfuntion in your headunit- will have to get your head unit checked by an authorised alpine service center.

4. The rear spk have malfuntioned- get them replaced.

I belive this could be the major problems, most often its the first.
I hope it helps

All the best.

By rear woofer I mean a small driver - not a subwoofer.
I am worried that they may hook it up and blow things up when the receiver is only four channels.

Your description of speakers in octavia is correct except that there are two more smaller ones in the rear doors as well.

regards

Hey! ANM i'm absolutely confused by your description of speakers.
Any ways i aslo have a octy rider though i do not remember the stock spk as i had the set replaced, but it def won't have a woofer.
It is most likely to have a two way spk in the front, the tweeter will be encapsulated on the inside bheind orvm's, the mid bass will be firing at your feet behind the pastic grill as visible. The rear is most likely to be 5' inch coaxial placed below the corner pastic behind the seats on which hatch cover is hinged.

The reasons for the rear not working could be many.
1. The fader may be adjusted for the fronts only. In the alpine you'll have to keep on pressing the volume control knob till you get the fader indication on the screen & then turn the voulme control to adjust the seting as per your choice.

2. Wiring problems which can be sorted by any decent installer no need to go to the authorised work shop.

3. IC malfuntion in your headunit- will have to get your head unit checked by an authorised alpine service center.

4. The rear spk have malfuntioned- get them replaced.

I belive this could be the major problems, most often its the first.
I hope it helps

All the best.

Hook what up???

A decent installer will have enough knolowedge to sort your problem, so just get it checked & get his feed back.

My car does'nt have provision for spk on the rear door. The only rear spk install place given is bhnd the seats as i've mentioned. How big is the spk on the rear door?? Can you post pics.

All the best.
Cheers

Hi Anm
Neo is very right. Just take it to a good installer and he will sort out the problem.
I think you are quiet confused about what ur system specs are and in turn we are as well, so its best to take it to a good installer and take his advice

Fader control did the trick.
The speaker I am talking about on rear door - the power window control for rear window is in middle of that speaker. Size suggests it is a tweeter.
Do not have a pic right now.

The fader control was not with the volume control though. I took the volume pretty high and after that I think I am hearing a rattling/ broken kind of sound. Maybe I fried something!

Fader control did the trick.
The speaker I am talking about on rear door - the power window control for rear window is in middle of that speaker. Size suggests it is a tweeter.
Do not have a pic right now.
I do'nt think they have a tweeter there. Do you get any sound from that location??
The fader control was not with the volume control though. I took the volume pretty high and after that I think I am hearing a rattling/ broken kind of sound. Maybe I fried something!

Get it checked form an installer.

Your octavia car have manufacturer speaker fitted then you must go to the service station and check it from littered mechanic.

'Littered mechanic' ? I did not know mechanic shops have now also become Blue Cross centers for the production and rearing of kittens. My God, how the world progresses?

Cheers

Hi,
My octavia rider has factory fitted music system. Sound does not come from the 2speakers in rear doors and woofers at the back. What could be the issue?
The alpine receiver is 4 channel only so I guess it can power the 2 tweeters and 2 speakers in front doors. Could it mean that rear speakers are not at all wired?
If I try to get other speakers connected to the same receiver, could it blow up the system? Should I buy exta amp to power remaining speakers?
Since I almost always drive myself, I don't bother much, but I think getting those speakers to work would be a good idea.

Hi anm, this may sound silly, but do check that the fader setting in the head unit is set to '0'. i.e. not fully front. :p

The amp inside the head unit can drive all 4 speakers. The 6" midbass + corresponding tweeter on that side is driven off the same channel of the head unit. So it is not possible that all the outputs of the head unit have been used up for the front speakers alone.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back