No sound

adam37

Hello everyone I am new on here and I am asking for help. I have just bought a Fenton AV120FM-BT stereo hifi amplifier with 4 power dynamic speakers. I have tried to wire up the speaker but the sound is really quite even with the volume on max. Why is this

Hello everyone I am new on here and I am asking for help. I have just bought a Fenton AV120FM-BT stereo hifi amplifier with 4 power dynamic speakers. I have tried to wire up the speaker but the sound is really quite even with the volume on max. Why is this
It would be good if you can post pictures of your amp along with the connections done. Also post the link to the amp's spec.

Have you spoken to the seller about this issue?

MaSh

It would be good if you can post pictures of your amp along with the connections done. Also post the link to the amp's spec.

Have you spoken to the seller about this issue?

MaSh
Thank you for getting back to me. I have emailed the seller but that was only yesterday so not heard anything back yet. I have some photos I will post

Attachments

• PXL_20220110_224739770.jpg
    PXL_20220110_224739770.jpg
    852.1 KB · Views: 31
  • PXL_20220110_224732285.jpg
    PXL_20220110_224732285.jpg
    737.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 16419791459195704263036747472186.jpg
    16419791459195704263036747472186.jpg
    754.9 KB · Views: 31
I don't think that is the right way to connect the speakers to the amp.
Both speakers should be connected to the amp. The wire from the right speaker should go to the right binding post on the amplifier and the left speaker wire should go to the left binding post.

I don't think that is the right way to connect the speakers to the amp.
Both speakers should be connected to the amp. The wire from the right speaker should go to the right binding post on the amplifier and the left speaker wire should go to the left binding post.
I see what you are saying but I wired up just one speak but it was still quite with full max Volume. Also on the back of the speakers all there is two com ports and two 8ohms port so which wire goes where please. I have 4 speakers so do I write all 4 individually straight back to the amplifier.

I don't have experience with two com ports on a speaker. Maybe it is not a regular configuration. Please contact the seller who knows it better. Let's see any other FM pitches in.

Thank you for getting back to me. I have emailed the seller but that was only yesterday so not heard anything back yet. I have some photos I will post
Not sure if the speakers are original ,but these looks like the dual/multi mode Speakers.

Similar ones are here , but the switch seems to be missing/could not bee seen in your speakers.

https://www.tronios.com/bc30v-black-speaker-pair-100v-8-ohm-3-60w-ipx5/
https://www.tronios.com/fileuploade...m/upload/952.100_952.102_BC30_manual_V1.2.pdf

1. The original ones are PA (Public Address ) speakers ... The 100 Volt Line is for rumnning Bery long lengtyh of speaker wires, using a PA amplifier (Not with a regular domestic amp).

I agree with sbg, they are probably not original.

Also agree with ajuvignesh

May I suggest the following:

Disconnect the wire going to the second speaker. It is a completely incorrect connection.

Using only 1 Speaker, Connect the wires from the speaker ONLY to the 2 terminals on the RIGHT Hand Extreme. lets Check 1 speaker first.

2. What are you using as your audio source ? Nothging is connected in the pic U have posted. Maybe you are using the FM Radio, but there is no antenna connected, so its unlikely that you will get a strong (or any significant) signal at all.

If you have a CD Player, please connect the DC Player's Left & Right Channel Outputs to the DVD Left & Right Inputs.

Do also post a pic of the Front panel with the amplifier switched on and attempting to play music.

3. When you say the sound is very weak, can you hear any music playing ?

Do revert with yr feedback

All the best.

Last edited:
CORRECTION

Using only 1 Speaker, Connect the wires from the AMPLIFIER ONLY to the 2 terminals on the RIGHT Hand Extreme of the (first) speaker. lets Check 1 speaker first.

I don't have experience with two com ports on a speaker. Maybe it is not a regular configuration. Please contact the seller who knows it better. Let's see any other FM pitches in.

Not sure if the speakers are original ,but these looks like the dual/multi mode Speakers.

Similar ones are here , but the switch seems to be missing/could not bee seen in your speakers.

https://www.tronios.com/bc30v-black-speaker-pair-100v-8-ohm-3-60w-ipx5/
https://www.tronios.com/fileuploader/download/download/?d=0&file=custom/upload/952.100_952.102_BC30_manual_V1.2.pdf
Thank you for the links yes that would of been better and easy to understand.

CORRECTION

Using only 1 Speaker, Connect the wires from the AMPLIFIER ONLY to the 2 terminals on the RIGHT Hand Extreme of the (first) speaker. lets Check 1 speaker first.
Thank you I will give that a go tonight to see if it's any better. I will let you know how it goes and thanks again.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back